88 Flaks in action, 194i, both against air and ground units:
- 1 Flak battalion can either guard one of the bridges to Kowel or the German airfield. Not much chance for action here,
- 1 Flak battalion in Lwow area - can kill a fighter unit if lucky or maybe fill a gap in the line but it is only a battalion and we have little artillery so it is better to keep the Flak behind the lines, unless you assign artillery support to it.
- 2 Flak units near Kiev - their hour of glory; if upgraded to regiments, they can kill Soviet planes, bust bunkers and defend the line (they will need artillery support for that, an unsupported Flak does not last long if attacked by several Soviet units).
- 1 Flak in Smolensk battle, near Orsha - there will be Soviet counterattacks, you can put your flak in front and with some artillery support it may see action.
- 1 Flak unit in Wjasma battle - if upgraded to regiment it can replace one of the stock battalions and defend the base hex in the southern part of the map. No matter how well you attack, a Soviet unit will sneak through and attack the hex. Do not forget to replace losses after every move or you will lose the flak.
- Moscow battle - not sure yet what to do with flaks there, maybe put one on the airfield, the Soviets could attack your airfield with planes. If you use a flak on the front line make sure it will not be attacked by artillery or multiple enemy units.
In Operation Barbarossa you are only restricted by the number of resource points so you may find more situations there.
It is a good idea to upgrade the flak to a regiment and do not leave it unsupported in an important sector.