Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

This chart shows every surface ship in the Chinese navy.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> This chart shows every surface ship in the Chinese navy. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
This chart shows every surface ship in the Chinese navy. - 8/25/2015 12:31:14 AM   
Tashtego

http://www.businessinsider.com/every-ship-in-the-chinese-navy-2015-8
Post #: 1
RE: This chart shows every surface ship in the Chinese ... - 8/25/2015 5:10:34 PM   
Dysta

It was suppose to be released at May, but the media spread it only after June. It's a not-bad chart, but lacks of actual size scaling, as well as brief description of their origins and purposes.

(in reply to Tashtego)
Post #: 2
RE: This chart shows every surface ship in the Chinese ... - 8/25/2015 8:27:08 PM   
thewood1

Jeesh...I would cut them some slack. It can't have everything. Thats the difference between books and infographics.

(in reply to Dysta)
Post #: 3
RE: This chart shows every surface ship in the Chinese ... - 8/26/2015 12:38:14 PM   
SSN754planker

This chart is somewhat misleading. Where are the submarines?

MY BOOK LIST
ST1/SS SSN 754

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 4
RE: This chart shows every surface ship in the Chinese ... - 8/26/2015 4:35:47 PM   
Rory Noonan

Below the surface?

(in reply to SSN754planker)
Post #: 5
RE: This chart shows every surface ship in the Chinese ... - 8/26/2015 9:34:29 PM   
Dysta

One thing that the chart telling me however, is CMANO is lacks of maritime surveillance/coast guard vessels since we usually only focus on enriching military machines and weaponries.

I found not a single Chinese Coast Guard/Maritime Surveillance ships in database, and few scenarios I found that the role as Chinese Coast Guards are only using generic small ships, or even fishing boat.

(in reply to Rory Noonan)
Post #: 6
RE: This chart shows every surface ship in the Chinese ... - 8/26/2015 9:52:36 PM   
Vici Supreme

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dysta

I found not a single Chinese Coast Guard/Maritime Surveillance ships in database, and few scenarios I found that the role as Chinese Coast Guards are only using generic small ships, or even fishing boat.

I think it's because specifications for Chinese Coast Guard vessels are so rare on the internet, it's not enough data to create a DB platform with.

< Message edited by Supreme 2.0 -- 8/26/2015 11:05:04 PM >

(in reply to Dysta)
Post #: 7
RE: This chart shows every surface ship in the Chinese ... - 8/27/2015 1:03:25 AM   
Rudd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Supreme 2.0

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dysta

I think it's because specifications for Chinese Coast Guard vessels are so rare on the internet, it's not enough data to create a DB platform with.

Chinese Coast Guard/Maritime Surveillance ships are not very sexy, most have no visible weapon mounts and even their sensors appear to only be navigation radars and probable comint, with satellite comms

Not sure we want Rag or Mike bogged down on countless unarmed ships with nav radars. Not anytime soon anyway, they're still rolling on making this simulation better and better.

I've looked into it a little just because of the "rare" info, in english anyway. Check it out, there is also a China Aviation 2015 kmz based on info from Scramble.

(in reply to Vici Supreme)
Post #: 8
RE: This chart shows every surface ship in the Chinese ... - 8/27/2015 12:51:23 PM   
Vici Supreme

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rudd

Chinese Coast Guard/Maritime Surveillance ships are not very sexy, most have no visible weapon mounts and even their sensors appear to only be navigation radars and probable comint, with satellite comms

Not sure we want Rag or Mike bogged down on countless unarmed ships with nav radars. Not anytime soon anyway, they're still rolling on making this simulation better and better.

I've looked into it a little just because of the "rare" info, in english anyway. Check it out, there is also a China Aviation 2015 kmz based on info from Scramble.

I already bookmarked that page a while ago. Also using the Chinese Aviation ORBAT for some of my own scenarios. However I think, if you look at what info is needed to create a DB entry, it's still very thin.

(in reply to Rudd)
Post #: 9
RE: This chart shows every surface ship in the Chinese ... - 8/28/2015 1:24:50 PM   
Dysta

What about water cannon disturbance? Making it act as loitering weapon that giving little to no effect to bigger vessels, but actual damage to smaller boats?

Especially some high pressure water can punch through bridge glasses, as well as wooden hull that usually found on fishing boats and yachts. Even more in much rarer cases, spraying water to the burning ship may put it out of fire, despite of improper firefighting.

< Message edited by Dysta -- 8/28/2015 2:29:34 PM >

(in reply to Vici Supreme)
Post #: 10
RE: This chart shows every surface ship in the Chinese ... - 8/28/2015 1:38:49 PM   
thewood1

They have handcuffs too and a mission can be set up to check fishing licenses and then a function key to execute the handcuff algorithm. Maybe we can show them incapacitating crew with tear gas.

(in reply to Dysta)
Post #: 11
RE: This chart shows every surface ship in the Chinese ... - 8/28/2015 2:29:49 PM   
AlmightyTallest

LOL, you guys made me think of this:

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> This chart shows every surface ship in the Chinese navy. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI