Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Yes to Liberation of Free France Caused Crash

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Yes to Liberation of Free France Caused Crash Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Yes to Liberation of Free France Caused Crash - 8/8/2015 12:36:03 AM   
rkr1958

Answering yes to the liberation of Free France caused this crash.

Attachment (1)

Ronnie
Post #: 1
RE: Yes to Liberation of Free France Caused Crash - 8/8/2015 12:43:41 AM   
rkr1958

Game file.

I'm play with the latest version 1.4.5.

If I answer "No" to the liberation of Free France by the USA then MWiF does NOT crash.

From a game perspective, what are the downside(s) / upside(s) to answering no?

Attachment (1)

Ronnie

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 2
RE: Yes to Liberation of Free France Caused Crash - 8/8/2015 2:38:35 AM   
paulderynck

Downsides: France becomes a "red" partisan country. Paris is not a secondary supply source for anyone. Liberating if by the CW can allow them to cooperate with France if they didn't already - you'd be foregoing that possibility.

Upsides: If you liberate when the Germans are still too close to Paris and then they take it back, then France and all her units are out of the game forever. Any red factories held by the U.S. continue producing at a higher PM rate then France would get (most likely). Any red factories held by the CW produce CW BPs, not French BPs.

Of course you can liberate and not give factory and resource hexes back, but then France would cease cooperating with whoever did that. Edit: Actually that may be only in the boardgame, I think in MWiF liberation means all hexes are returned to the original owner.

< Message edited by paulderynck -- 8/8/2015 5:33:43 AM >

Paul

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 3
RE: Yes to Liberation of Free France Caused Crash - 8/9/2015 12:14:46 PM   
Centuur

Only if those countries return those hexes to the original owner. I believe a question is asked to any power on a side which controls hexes in a country which gets liberated if they want to return their territory. If they do: they cooperate. If they don't, there's no cooperation.

The liberating major power always returns their territory to the liberated major power.

Peter

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 4
RE: Yes to Liberation of Free France Caused Crash - 8/9/2015 11:27:37 PM   
palne

On a side note: I have never seen a front look like that. So many things to mention:

Belgium partisan? How did it get to where it is? Couldn't be placement...
Out of supply 8-6 british armor is going to get smoked! And, I think there is no -1 for to combined attacks with co-operating units....definitely helping the brits/US here...
looks like the allies actually made it through the soft-underbelly? cool...
Vichy remains neutral? Neither collapsed nor attached by allies? never seen that...could that be the reason for the crash?

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 5
RE: Yes to Liberation of Free France Caused Crash - 8/10/2015 1:20:01 AM   
CrusssDaddy

quote:

ORIGINAL: palne

On a side note: I have never seen a front look like that. So many things to mention:

Out of supply 8-6 british armor is going to get smoked! And, I think there is no -1 for to combined attacks with co-operating units....definitely helping the brits/US here...
Vichy remains neutral? Neither collapsed nor attached by allies? never seen that...could that be the reason for the crash?

What's the rationale for Belgian partisans getting a 3-3? That's more effective than their militia. Did Belgian partisans kick ass in real life?

(in reply to palne)
Post #: 6
RE: Yes to Liberation of Free France Caused Crash - 8/11/2015 4:37:50 AM   
Larry Smith

According to the article on the Belgian resistance in WWII, there were a large number of groups, and many were quite specialized in what they did - such as Resistance within the postal service who intercepted letters of denunciation. However, numbers were small until after D-Day, when the 11th hour volunteers stepped up. Late war, it is estimated that as much as 5% of the Belgian population was involved in active resistance. That is a lot of partisans.
So that 3-3 might not be so far off the mark.

(in reply to CrusssDaddy)
Post #: 7
RE: Yes to Liberation of Free France Caused Crash - 8/11/2015 10:52:36 PM   
rkr1958

quote:

ORIGINAL: palne

Thank you! I'm quite proud of my front. And I was able to create it only in my second full game of the global war scenario. Who knows what I might create in my third game.

Ronnie

(in reply to palne)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Yes to Liberation of Free France Caused Crash Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI