My overall impressions:
1) First of all, this one is perhaps the most original scenario I've yet played in Command, and certainly a very interesting one. As I said earlier, the continuos stream of messages help building the "being there" sensation, and it plays almost like a RPG. Brace yourself for the first ten minutes!
· I think some of the messages / events need some polishing. Two examples: one, as I mentioned earlier with the "hover over life boats / rescue buoy" confusion, easily manageable; second, during Dallas / Soviet Survey vessel standoff, just upon stopping it* I received a message stating Dallas was sending a boarding party. I assumed a RHIB would appear and then totally forgot about it as my atention was elsewhere. Thing is that there wasn't a RHIB and Dallas and the Soviet vessel spent several minutes a few miles apart doing nothing, until Dallas was sunk by Shipwrecks.
Following with the Dallas drama, I sent several RHIBs and the Adak to pick survivors up but no event was triggered
Also, special messages advise that bringing survivors to Rescue Ctr/beaches and hospitals will render VPs. Well, I tried hovering a helo over one of the beaches to no avail, but same helo did receive VPs a few minutes later in a hospital. I'd separate this on the messages: RHIBs & ferries get VPs upon reaching beaches, helos can go directly to hospitals.
*: don't remember exactly if Soviet vessel was already stopped or Dallas was already really close and this proximity triggered the event.
· Placing a hovering helicopter or flying by a Herc so close to rescue beacons is a PITA of micromanagement if, as mentioned earlier, I'm feeling myself as the guy in charge of overall rescue ops, it is not my task to tell this HH-65 pilot where and when to decelerate and descend from cruising profile to hover. I think that with bigger "trigger areas" the scenario would be more easily manageable. However, this is not a crucial point as, in the end, you find a way to get the task done
· Republic 23 is already discused . If you want to add something else to the "air picture", I'd propose this: have another radar equipped Cessna in the air (following a sailboat race or whatever legit reason one can find to equip a Cessna with a surface search radar ). This way you force the player to challenge all the suspicious contacts. I confese that I tried that but, as my fighter jockeys were unable to get any response from the Cessnas, just shot down all the radar equipped light aircrafts. With my suggestion, you keep all the trigger-happy players (such as myself ) from shooting down innocent flyers.
· I do not know if initial positions are randomized, but my helos from NAS Oceana didn't have the range to help anyone
· The RMS QE2 life boat flotilla did not quite reached the rescue center beach and kept going forward and backward. No VPs, of course.
Of course, I do not know if implementing these changes is easy, so feel free to discard them if the effort is not worthwile
PS: I've once visited one of the tankers in the scenario, very nice touch! Luckyly she wasn't hit
< Message edited by Galahad78 -- 8/11/2015 11:16:56 PM >