Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Guadalcanal Scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Guadalcanal Scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Guadalcanal Scenario - 7/29/2015 12:45:26 AM   
rjopel

Why can't either the Allies or IJ side march from Lunga to Tasaforanga? The hexside control is green on my side and red on his side. As the Allies I have more than enough supply but I can't get any of the marine units to move.

Ryan
Post #: 1
RE: Guadalcanal Scenario - 7/29/2015 9:56:31 AM   
Uncivil Engineer

quote:

ORIGINAL: rjopel

Why can't either the Allies or IJ side march from Lunga to Tasaforanga? The hexside control is green on my side and red on his side. As the Allies I have more than enough supply but I can't get any of the marine units to move.

Ryan

I've never had a problem moving them. It's thru dense jungle so it takes quite some time, but they do move.

(in reply to rjopel)
Post #: 2
RE: Guadalcanal Scenario - 7/29/2015 1:16:49 PM   
dr.hal

I recently completed the scenario against the AI and was able to move troops from one to the other. As Uncivil says, it takes time due to the terrain, but it can be done.

(in reply to Uncivil Engineer)
Post #: 3
RE: Guadalcanal Scenario - 7/29/2015 2:51:16 PM   
HansBolter

Is the game preventing you from targeting the hex as a choice for movement?

Sometimes this can happen when a lot of icons are present in the hex.

If so, you need to try clicking in different place within the hex until you hit the "sweet spot" that will allow it to be chosen.

If it is allowing you to choose the hex but you don't see any movement for many turns you are being deceived by your expectations.

It can take over two weeks to move from one hex to another in heavy terrain.

Look at the upper right corner of the LCU interface for each unit ordered to move and you will see what progress you have made each day in the 46 miles you have to traverse to get to the other hex.

< Message edited by HansBolter -- 7/29/2015 4:00:25 PM >

Hans

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 4
RE: Guadalcanal Scenario - 7/29/2015 5:17:08 PM   
bspeer

I am Ryan's opponent and my Japs keep switch from move to Defend without orders. What am I doing wrong?

bs

"Japan would rather go down fighting than ignobly surrender without a struggle, because surrender would spell spiritual as well as physical ruin for the nation and its destiny."
Quoted in Sadao Asada's From Mahan to Pearl Harbor, p. 267

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 5
RE: Guadalcanal Scenario - 7/29/2015 5:48:04 PM   
jwolf

If they are attacked or bombed that will happen automatically. It's one way to slow down an advance.

(in reply to bspeer)
Post #: 6
RE: Guadalcanal Scenario - 7/29/2015 6:45:48 PM   
HansBolter

They are still moving, just doing in in combat mode instead of move mode which advances at a slower rate.

If you are under continuous attack or bombardment it may be better to move in combat mode as move mode is very vulnerable to bombardment and air attack leading to greater casualties.

Since the attack is going to knock you back into combat mode before the movement phase anyway , better to just stay in combat mode for the move.

You are also mixing up Operational Mode with Combat Orders.

Combat, Move and Strategic are operational modes.

Defend, Bombard, Deliberate Attack and Shock Attack are Combat Orders.

You aren't going form move to defend, you are going from move to combat, with a default combat order of defend.

< Message edited by HansBolter -- 7/29/2015 7:50:00 PM >

Hans

(in reply to jwolf)
Post #: 7
RE: Guadalcanal Scenario - 7/29/2015 8:36:18 PM   
rjopel

When I select the hex for movement it seems to accept it, but when it goes back to the unit it will show no destination selected. I've been playing WITP since it came out so I know it should work and that it takes FOREVER to walk through jungle hexes but I can't even get them to start.

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 8
RE: Guadalcanal Scenario - 7/30/2015 10:56:06 AM   
HansBolter

Something sounds out of whack.

I suggest posting a saved game (the turn you set the move order) in the tech forum with a flag to michaelm asking him to take a look at it.

Hans

(in reply to rjopel)
Post #: 9
RE: Guadalcanal Scenario - 8/1/2015 7:11:48 PM   
Alfred

Please don't post this in the Tech sub forum.  HansBolter's suggestion is well intentioned but it is most unlikely to achieve anything as it is very rare nowadays for michaelm to answer such requests.  There are quite a few of them unanswered there.  Unanswered duplicate threads create problems.

Instead post screenshots in this thread.  It is very common for players experiencing difficulties to misrepresent what is actually happening.  Especially when generic data is provided and the important specific data is not provided.  The problem raised in this thread has all these hallmarks.

The following screenshots should be provided.

1.  Map with hexsides controlled showing.
2.  LCU info screen.
3.  Base info screen.

Alfred

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Guadalcanal Scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI