Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

World in Flames Patch 1.4.5.0

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> World in Flames Patch 1.4.5.0 Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
World in Flames Patch 1.4.5.0 - 7/10/2015 3:45:14 PM   
Daniele

Hi guys!

World in Flames has been Updated to Version 1.4.5.0!

You can download the patch from here

Here's the changelog:

Land Operations

• Eliminated the warning message about capturing a factory when the factory’s hex is already held by the side of the moving unit(s).
• Restored some code so control of an invaded hex changes to the invader’s major power if the invasion is successful. Also made similar changes for retreating units through empty enemy controlled hexes, thereby changing who controls those hexes.

Naval Operations

• Fixed a problem with splitting convoys which was creating new convoy units with the Returning to Base flag set to True, regardless of that setting for the original unit. Besides forcing these units to return to base during the Return to Base phase, this also created problems with the Global Map display not showing these units in a sea area if the units moved from port out to sea. The Naval Review Summary omitted them too. The Detailed Map display was correct. This correction fixes all of those errors.

Initiative

• Eliminated a Fatal error when quitting the game while the Who Goes First form is visible.
• Fixed a cosmetic problem with the Initiative form where before a Reroll, the die roll bonus, if the dice are rerolled, was being displayed incorrectly.
Post #: 1
RE: World in Flames Patch 1.4.5.0 - 7/10/2015 4:14:35 PM   
joshuamnave

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniele

• Restored some code so control of an invaded hex changes to the invader’s major power if the invasion is successful. Also made similar changes for retreating units through empty enemy controlled hexes, thereby changing who controls those hexes.

Nope.

Please don't wait a month to fix this one - it's making the pacific war a real problem for Japan.

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 2
RE: World in Flames Patch 1.4.5.0 - 7/10/2015 5:15:18 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zartacla

quote:

Nope.

Please don't wait a month to fix this one - it's making the pacific war a real problem for Japan.

No? Here is the test I ran. I tried it with and without the notional unit. The French hex is now controlled by the Italians.

Attachment (1)

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to joshuamnave)
Post #: 3
RE: World in Flames Patch 1.4.5.0 - 7/10/2015 5:17:36 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

The word 'patch' might be misleading to some people.

Note that this is an official release/update to the game.

Steve

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 4
RE: World in Flames Patch 1.4.5.0 - 7/10/2015 8:29:27 PM   
joshuamnave

The circled hexes are the places I invaded. The units have since moved - in the case of Tarakan the marines moved specifically so that they could move back next turn and actually claim the hex. In the other 2 cases I invaded adjacent to the places I actually wanted to be.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 5
RE: World in Flames Patch 1.4.5.0 - 7/10/2015 8:29:56 PM   
joshuamnave

And here's the game info:

Attachment (1)

Post #: 6
RE: World in Flames Patch 1.4.5.0 - 7/10/2015 8:46:19 PM   
Cohen_slith

The same happened to me in the previous patch. It was a hassle to go through that with Japan again.

With my opponent we just agreed that the Brits won't place Notionals in the places already invaded but it's a waste of precious actions and units to secure the Pacific perimeter.

Post #: 7
RE: World in Flames Patch 1.4.5.0 - 7/11/2015 1:39:38 AM   
Cohen_slith

quote:

Definitely not working.

Tried the patch today (on a save game though of an ongoing game) and the hex control is not converted upon invasion.

(in reply to Cohen_slith)
Post #: 8
RE: World in Flames Patch 1.4.5.0 - 7/11/2015 4:15:32 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cohen

quote:

Definitely not working.

Tried the patch today (on a save game though of an ongoing game) and the hex control is not converted upon invasion.

This keeps working for me.

I'll go through all the possible land combat results where the invader takes the hex and see if any of them fail for me.

Steve

Post #: 9
RE: World in Flames Patch 1.4.5.0 - 7/11/2015 12:33:56 PM   
Cohen_slith

In the current game I am, we have added Khaki in Flames units - and got a flavour map colouring mod (But I doubt any of this would alter the code interested).

All the attacks until now have been performed in absence of Notional (as it was a Notional 0 due to surprise or lack of supply).

Post #: 10
RE: World in Flames Patch 1.4.5.0 - 7/11/2015 7:19:35 PM   
joshuamnave

Here's a fun one. In this shot, both the US and the UK declared war on Portugal and on the same impulse invaded the hexes they currently occupy. The British landing zone converted to UK control, while the US beachhead remains under Italian control.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 11
RE: World in Flames Patch 1.4.5.0 - 7/11/2015 7:20:44 PM   
joshuamnave

If it helps, there was no notional in the US invasion (it was an auto win). There was a notional in the UK invasion, but after shore bombardment it was also an auto win.

Post #: 12
RE: World in Flames Patch 1.4.5.0 - 7/11/2015 7:37:18 PM   
Cohen_slith

Yes, I did some tests and pratically the Notional must always be placed, and even if at +21, the dice roll and combat is required.
If for pacing up the game, the notional is not placed (because, it's +21, why to roll?) there is no conversion of the hex.

Post #: 13
RE: World in Flames Patch 1.4.5.0 - 7/11/2015 7:39:30 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zartacla

If it helps, there was no notional in the US invasion (it was an auto win). There was a notional in the UK invasion, but after shore bombardment it was also an auto win.

The problem case is when the Notional unit is ignored. Then the invaders land unopposed and the hex is not getting converted.

I'll fix this today.

Steve

Post #: 14
RE: World in Flames Patch 1.4.5.0 - 7/11/2015 8:11:37 PM   
paulderynck

Good effort by Cohen and Zartacla in isolating the case where this problem was occurring!

Paul

Post #: 15
RE: World in Flames Patch 1.4.5.0 - 7/11/2015 8:27:15 PM   
Cohen_slith

Another thing regarding notionals.

In Surprise Impulse, against Paradrop Invasion, there is no -1 to the Notional. (USA declared war on Cuba to get a resource and their Para, landing in a clear hex with no City was still meeting a Notional with 1 defence factor).

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 16
RE: World in Flames Patch 1.4.5.0 - 7/12/2015 10:15:00 AM   
joshuamnave

quote:

• Eliminated the warning message about capturing a factory when the factory’s hex is already held by the side of the moving unit(s).

Still get the warning message if you move a German unit into a Russian city that used to contain a factory but where the factory has already been railed out. Not sure if that's intentional or not. Can't see any reason to disable undo's after capturing a non existent factory.

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 17
RE: World in Flames Patch 1.4.5.0 - 7/12/2015 7:24:43 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

Another thing regarding notionals.

In Surprise Impulse, against Paradrop Invasion, there is no -1 to the Notional. (USA declared war on Cuba to get a resource and their Para, landing in a clear hex with no City was still meeting a Notional with 1 defence factor).

I read through the code and it looks okay to my eye. Do you have a saved game where this fails? Then I can track where the code gets it wrong.

Steve

Post #: 18
RE: World in Flames Patch 1.4.5.0 - 7/12/2015 9:55:06 PM   
Cohen_slith

There is a Para ready to invade Miami.
Just need to go through the phases and set dices to have the proper declarations of war!

Attachment (1)

Post #: 19
RE: World in Flames Patch 1.4.5.0 - 7/13/2015 3:17:54 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

Just need to go through the phases and set dices to have the proper declarations of war!

Thanks.

Steve

Post #: 20
RE: World in Flames Patch 1.4.5.0 - 7/13/2015 3:28:46 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

I think you mean that the Para is ready to invade Cuba from Tampa.

I get the notional strength as zero. That holds true for the combat resolution phase too.

Attachment (1)

Steve

Post #: 21
RE: World in Flames Patch 1.4.5.0 - 7/29/2015 5:17:47 PM   
palne

GE & USSR Molotov Pact:

Scenario:

USSR demand Finnish borderlands. GE says, "no." War between Finland and USSR ensues.
Most of the USSR army north of the Pripet's gets sucked into Finland.
GE units meander into Finland. GE units can not attack or enter USSR controlled hexes in Finland. GE FTR's can no intercept, but can ground support GE units being attacked.
Helsinki is taken when USSR uses its O-chit.
Garrison is counted for all of the units of USSR IN Finland.
Finland is conquered, Finishes troops disappear. GE had withdrawn 2 Finnish Corp, and 2 Finnish Div's to GE in an attempt to keep them from dissolving...no such luck...:(
Remaining GE units teleport back to GE.
All Finnnish hexes become USSR controlled.

Problem:

The USSR units in Finland STILL count for USSR garrison requirements in the Molotov pact. If they hadn't, GE could have declared war in NOV/DEC 1940 1st impulse after Finland was conquered. The rules seem to imply that ONLY USSR units with 3 hexes of the GE border count for Garrison. Finland has no hexes within 3 of the GE border, so they should not be counted?

Comment:

I can understand why they are still counted as why would the fall of Finland encourage GE to attack and violate the Molotov pact, whose purpose was to allow the attacking of Finland should the Finnish borderlands not be surrendered?

Post #: 22
RE: World in Flames Patch 1.4.5.0 - 7/29/2015 7:08:33 PM   
Centuur

It depends on the situation. Can you make a screenshot? Is Norway Axis controlled (or Sweden)? Can you make a shot with hex control in it?

< Message edited by Centuur -- 7/29/2015 8:11:03 PM >

Peter

(in reply to palne)
Post #: 23
RE: World in Flames Patch 1.4.5.0 - 7/29/2015 11:26:39 PM   
paulderynck

It's hard to feature a situation where the USSR units in Finland would count towards garrison after Finland has surrendered.

Sounds like this is a bug.

Paul

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 24
RE: World in Flames Patch 1.4.5.0 - 7/30/2015 2:27:42 AM   
Zorachus99

quote:

ORIGINAL: palne

GE & USSR Molotov Pact:

Scenario:

USSR demand Finnish borderlands. GE says, "no." War between Finland and USSR ensues.
Most of the USSR army north of the Pripet's gets sucked into Finland.
GE units meander into Finland. GE units can not attack or enter USSR controlled hexes in Finland. GE FTR's can no intercept, but can ground support GE units being attacked.
Helsinki is taken when USSR uses its O-chit.
Garrison is counted for all of the units of USSR IN Finland.
Finland is conquered, Finishes troops disappear. GE had withdrawn 2 Finnish Corp, and 2 Finnish Div's to GE in an attempt to keep them from dissolving...no such luck...:(
Remaining GE units teleport back to GE.
All Finnnish hexes become USSR controlled.

Problem:

The USSR units in Finland STILL count for USSR garrison requirements in the Molotov pact. If they hadn't, GE could have declared war in NOV/DEC 1940 1st impulse after Finland was conquered. The rules seem to imply that ONLY USSR units with 3 hexes of the GE border count for Garrison. Finland has no hexes within 3 of the GE border, so they should not be counted?

Comment:

I can understand why they are still counted as why would the fall of Finland encourage GE to attack and violate the Molotov pact, whose purpose was to allow the attacking of Finland should the Finnish borderlands not be surrendered?

Units not in ZOC count toward garrison if within range of 3 hexes of common border. The common border is rectified during the Conquest Phase. In any impulse in the subsequent turn, any Soviet units using this calculation, would not count against the Nazi-Soviet Peace Pact; as they are no longer within 3 hexes of the common border.

Most men can survive adversity, the true test of a man's character is power. -Abraham Lincoln

(in reply to palne)
Post #: 25
RE: World in Flames Patch 1.4.5.0 - 7/30/2015 6:39:03 AM   
palne

Do I need permissions to attach files or post pictures?

(in reply to Zorachus99)
Post #: 26
RE: World in Flames Patch 1.4.5.0 - 7/30/2015 6:43:15 AM   
palne

Also, does the 3 hexes from the border mean, "four hexes from the GE's on the other side of the border?" That means there are 3 empty hexes between USSR and GE units. The border is a "line" and therefore splits two hexes--on side GE, other side USSR. Starting from the USSR unit, and counting 3 hexes (empty) to the border at the edge of the 3rd hex?

Just making sure. Also, impassable hexes are ok, right? like units in the Crimea are still 3 hexes away (over sea/coastals) and therefore part of garrison. Correct?

(in reply to palne)
Post #: 27
RE: World in Flames Patch 1.4.5.0 - 7/30/2015 7:21:55 PM   
paulderynck

quote:

Do I need permissions to attach files or post pictures?

No as long as you are logged in and not just in Guest mode. Files need to be zipped. Only JPGs and ZIPs can be uploaded.

Paul

(in reply to palne)
Post #: 28
RE: World in Flames Patch 1.4.5.0 - 7/30/2015 7:23:53 PM   
paulderynck

quote:

Also, does the 3 hexes from the border mean, "four hexes from the GE's on the other side of the border?" That means there are 3 empty hexes between USSR and GE units. The border is a "line" and therefore splits two hexes--on side GE, other side USSR. Starting from the USSR unit, and counting 3 hexes (empty) to the border at the edge of the 3rd hex?

Just making sure. Also, impassable hexes are ok, right? like units in the Crimea are still 3 hexes away (over sea/coastals) and therefore part of garrison. Correct?

Start at the border and count 1. Doesn't matter what's in the hex or hex-dot. Doesn't matter if you count through hexes in neutral countries to get to one that is 3 away.

Paul

(in reply to palne)
Post #: 29
RE: World in Flames Patch 1.4.5.0 - 7/30/2015 10:27:16 PM   
palne

Thanks Paul...that's one less hex than I was using. I was not counting the hex the border was a part of....

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> World in Flames Patch 1.4.5.0 Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI