Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Knowledge of enemy bases

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Knowledge of enemy bases Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Knowledge of enemy bases - 6/13/2015 2:32:48 PM   
jwolf

Beginner question here. I've noticed in the operations reports that I get told about enemy base improvements for ports and airfields, and I assume it is true the other way around as well. What is the rationale for this? As the Allied commander, how could I possibly know that a Japanese airfield in Taiwan was improved, without doing actual work such as recon or signal intel? Is this info given simply for reasons of playability, or does it represent actual intel capability for each side?
Post #: 1
RE: Knowledge of enemy bases - 6/13/2015 3:56:37 PM   
Lokasenna

Probably a little of both - playability (so you can plan operations), and abstracting intelligence that isn't represented in the game. Photos from sub recon missions, radio traffic, etc.

(in reply to jwolf)
Post #: 2
RE: Knowledge of enemy bases - 6/13/2015 5:50:34 PM   
Justus2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

Probably a little of both - playability (so you can plan operations), and abstracting intelligence that isn't represented in the game. Photos from sub recon missions, radio traffic, etc.

I agree, I also think of this as the work of spies, military attaches and other HUMINT. After all, it may be easy for troops to hide, but building a dock or a runway is a pretty permanent addition, and would be obvious even to casual civilian observers.

Playing/Learning Shadow Empire

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 3
RE: Knowledge of enemy bases - 6/13/2015 7:08:22 PM   
geofflambert

The allied player also gets sporadic reports of such-and-such unit is loaded on ship(s) and headed to (where). The Japanese had practically no intelligence, even worse than the Germans, but you still get that info.

Oh, the Japanese player does not get such-and-such unit is planning to attack/defend (target).

< Message edited by geofflambert -- 6/13/2015 8:10:06 PM >

(in reply to Justus2)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Knowledge of enemy bases Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI