Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Pandora $9.89 on Steam Summer Sale opening.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Pandora $9.89 on Steam Summer Sale opening. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pandora $9.89 on Steam Summer Sale opening. - 6/11/2015 5:38:17 PM   
aaatoysandmore

Looks like it's started folks. Run!!
Post #: 1
RE: Pandora $9.89 on Steam Summer Sale opening. - 6/12/2015 6:13:44 AM   
milkweg

Yea, I bought it, and the expansion.

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 2
RE: Pandora $9.89 on Steam Summer Sale opening. - 6/12/2015 10:31:18 PM   
milkweg

Ok, now I am mad. I can't play Pandora SP unless I give Internet access to two exe files in the game. WTF Matrix???

(in reply to milkweg)
Post #: 3
RE: Pandora $9.89 on Steam Summer Sale opening. - 6/12/2015 11:25:01 PM   
IainMcNeil

Pandora auto updates which is why it needs access to the internet. They are regularly releasing upgrades and fixes.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to milkweg)
Post #: 4
RE: Pandora $9.89 on Steam Summer Sale opening. - 6/13/2015 1:45:28 AM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Pandora auto updates which is why it needs access to the internet. They are regularly releasing upgrades and fixes.

This reminds me why I dislike Steam. It's bad enough that they are spying on me, but having to maintain an internet connection is an additional pain. I prefer to buy from Matrix.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 5
RE: Pandora $9.89 on Steam Summer Sale opening. - 6/13/2015 2:42:36 AM   
milkweg

This is not to do with auto update and I found out what the issue is. The game will play fine with no internet access, it is the firewall that is the issue because the game uses an internal server to communicate between pandora.exe and pandoraserver.exe. I had that issue with another game called Naval Arctic Circle. My firewall is the windows firewall but it I use a 3rd party prog to set the firewall rules and that is the issue. I read on Slitherine site that Zone Alarm firewall causes an issue with Pandora too.

I see numerous antivirus progs have had issues with Pandora also. It is that Internal server thing and they think Pandora is doing something suspicious so they flag it until you give it an exception rule.

If you set Steam to offline mode and disable the Internet connection then Pandora plays fine so Steam or the auto update is not an issue. Just give in/out access to those two files in the firewall even though they are not connecting to the internet.

< Message edited by milkweg -- 6/13/2015 3:50:09 AM >

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 6
RE: Pandora $9.89 on Steam Summer Sale opening. - 6/13/2015 7:44:49 AM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: milkweg

This is not to do with auto update and I found out what the issue is. The game will play fine with no internet access, it is the firewall that is the issue because the game uses an internal server to communicate between pandora.exe and pandoraserver.exe. I had that issue with another game called Naval Arctic Circle. My firewall is the windows firewall but it I use a 3rd party prog to set the firewall rules and that is the issue. I read on Slitherine site that Zone Alarm firewall causes an issue with Pandora too.

I see numerous antivirus progs have had issues with Pandora also. It is that Internal server thing and they think Pandora is doing something suspicious so they flag it until you give it an exception rule.

If you set Steam to offline mode and disable the Internet connection then Pandora plays fine so Steam or the auto update is not an issue. Just give in/out access to those two files in the firewall even though they are not connecting to the internet.

That sounds like a lot of needless work to play a game. Games should be made user friendly not force you to take a computer science class.

It's like a beta I was in where the guy describes how to install the files and just says download and does not explain how to download the file. You had to look everywhere to find the download button since it wasn't where it usually would be.

(in reply to milkweg)
Post #: 7
RE: Pandora $9.89 on Steam Summer Sale opening. - 6/13/2015 9:32:52 PM   
milkweg

Yea, that is why some people prefer console gaming, far less hassle.

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 8
RE: Pandora $9.89 on Steam Summer Sale opening. - 6/14/2015 2:10:00 AM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: milkweg

Yea, that is why some people prefer console gaming, far less hassle.

Agree. I said awhile back if wargames ever go console thas where I will go and leave this mess behind.

(in reply to milkweg)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Pandora $9.89 on Steam Summer Sale opening. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI