Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A small Federation ship against a Large Borg Cube or Base

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> A small Federation ship against a Large Borg Cube or Base Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A small Federation ship against a Large Borg Cube or Base - 6/11/2015 5:54:37 AM   
rjord1

In developing my mod I had come across the issue of trying to make the Borg cubes huge in size compared to the much smaller ships of the Federation. I had also tried to overcome this issue with size when working on a Star Wars mod where I had the Death Star a very small size and no way to make it huge. This was the main reason my Star Wars mod was never completed.

I searched the forum and did not see the solution I will list later on how to increase the size of Borg Cubes, bases, Star Destroyers, Death stars etc so in the meantime I will post a picture below showing the USS Vengeance up against a Borg Medium Sized Base. The Larger Borg base is 25% bigger than what is shown in the picture below and dwarfs the Federation frigate.

The Borg Cubes I have attached to the Base below are the same size as the individual Borg Cubes set as Carriers etc but I can make them much larger if needed.

This will allow me to setup some huge battles with several ships being required to take down a single Borg Cube.

I have resolved the issue where the Borg Cubes look thin and crushed.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 6/11/2015 10:47:22 AM >

Post #: 1
A small Federation ship against a Large Borg Cube or Base - 6/11/2015 9:26:46 AM   
rjord1

A picture showing Federation Frigates massing against a single Borg cube.

I found that the topic of image scaling allowing this has been discussed before in the forum and will leave these pictures here for any one else who wants to see if large ships like this are possible.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 6/11/2015 10:45:56 AM >

(in reply to rjord1)
Post #: 2
RE: A small Federation ship against a Large Borg Cube o... - 6/13/2015 1:15:34 PM   
kbobbato

Looks great to have actual scale size...definately adds to the immersion..

(in reply to rjord1)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> A small Federation ship against a Large Borg Cube or Base Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI