Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mobile Tactics

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> The War Room >> Mobile Tactics Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mobile Tactics - 6/3/2015 6:09:38 PM   
KWG

I sent some units to the Eastern Front and then sent most of the EF mountain units to Italy. I want to take up positions in the mountains so I can transfer the majority of my armor and mechanized units from Italy to France by Spring.

So in order to get some practice for some mobile tactics I plan to use in the open fields of Western Europe I set a trap for the Allied forces. My depot at Foggia is disbanded and units are drawing on the leftovers. My nearst active depot is at San Severo. Mobile forces are 3 Panzer Divisions. The Allies failed to breakthrough and relieve the surrounded troops.

Set the trap - Snare - Trapped .

If I can keep the Allied planes busy then I may be able to turn a Western Europe invasion into France1940.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by KWG -- 6/3/2015 8:21:21 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Mobile Tactics - 6/4/2015 2:53:42 AM   
KWG

Update

The units around Foggia drew supplies from further away even though they were plenty of supplies at the disbanded depot in Foggia. I bet that was hell on the trucks.

The two Allied units drove around behind my lines for weeks and covered over a 100 miles then the New Zealand division just disappeared with no losses recorded. The other division was destroyed for over 12,000 casualties.

The Allieds made every effort to reach them. Attack after attack and we never gave ground. Sieg Heil!"

< Message edited by KWG -- 6/4/2015 4:45:16 AM >

(in reply to KWG)
Post #: 2
RE: Mobile Tactics - 6/4/2015 3:51:43 PM   
Seminole

quote:

If I can keep the Allied planes busy then I may be able to turn a Western Europe invasion into France1940

Pulled that off in the Breakout & Pursuit scenario, would love to see it happen in the full campaign...

quote:

I sent some units to the Eastern Front and then sent most of the EF mountain units to Italy.

Another reason EF box is a big German advantage. There isn't a CV bump for having those mountain troops in the Balkans, etc. so it only makes sense for the German player to swap them out where their special on map abilities/advantages come to light.

quote:

The units around Foggia drew supplies from further away even though they were plenty of supplies at the disbanded depot in Foggia.

I believe if enemy units are adjacent to a depot then that depot will only supply units in that hex and the adjacent friendly hexes.

(in reply to KWG)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> The War Room >> Mobile Tactics Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI