Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Factory evac questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Factory evac questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Factory evac questions - 5/30/2015 5:26:01 PM   
chaos45

Whats the reasoning for no factory evac once your just in a Zoc? Historically they were evacuating factories at times under fire from German units yet in the game its like ohh Germans show up cant move anything. I could understand if the rail lines out of the city are zoc'd but if all they have is a zoc on the city and all rail lines are open you really should be able to keep moving stuff out.
Post #: 1
RE: Factory evac questions - 5/30/2015 5:59:51 PM   
smokindave34

I agree. It seems that unless the rail lines were cut you should still be able to evacuate factories, a panzer division sitting 5 KM outside Stalino wouldn't keep the trains from rolling.

(in reply to chaos45)
Post #: 2
RE: Factory evac questions - 5/30/2015 7:16:47 PM   
Peltonx

quote:

ORIGINAL: smokindave34

I agree. It seems that unless the rail lines were cut you should still be able to evacuate factories, a panzer division sitting 5 KM outside Stalino wouldn't keep the trains from rolling.

This has been talked about yrs ago.

ZOC, which means I have men in your hex and you mine.

Its a hex on a board not a real life battle field, GG said NO to this long ago.

Just because its in a book chaos does not mean it applies to a real battlefield.

The ZOC means troops, artillery ect ect, both the German and Russian hexes have fighting.

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to smokindave34)
Post #: 3
RE: Factory evac questions - 5/30/2015 7:18:56 PM   
Peltonx

quote:

ORIGINAL: smokindave34

They are in the city and your in the field.

ZOC = a unit even a brigade has men/tanks/AT guns ect in the 6 other hexes around it.

This is a strategic game not a tactical game.

Old NEWS, nothing here move on

< Message edited by Pelton -- 5/30/2015 8:19:30 PM >

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to smokindave34)
Post #: 4
RE: Factory evac questions - 5/30/2015 9:33:13 PM   
Denniss

Would be different with turn length of one day but we have weekly turns. The enemy does not wait a week for you to rail out your factories, your city would be continuously attacked. Plus you have the rail capacity of one week available to rail out any fac from your city whereas in realworld you would be limited by available locomotives, rail cars + railyard capacity and your trains and railways would be attacked by aircraft.

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 5
RE: Factory evac questions - 5/30/2015 10:38:05 PM   
chaos45

IDK read it in more than one book....Germans doing the same lol...unloading and packing trains under soviet fire at various points in operations on the eastern front. Was one of the reasons for armored trains aside from anti-partisan work.

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 6
RE: Factory evac questions - 5/30/2015 11:01:56 PM   
Peltonx

quote:

ORIGINAL: Denniss

Would be different with turn length of one day but we have weekly turns. The enemy does not wait a week for you to rail out your factories, your city would be continuously attacked. Plus you have the rail capacity of one week available to rail out any fac from your city whereas in realworld you would be limited by available locomotives, rail cars + railyard capacity and your trains and railways would be attacked by aircraft.

+1 you explained it much better then me, which is generally not very hard

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 7
RE: Factory evac questions - 6/12/2015 9:14:58 PM   
Icier

This is the 1st time I have played the Soviets & having a problem with factory movement...according to the rules

v1.03 Beta 3 - February 7, 2011
Doubled the rail capacity costs for factory rail movement. No factory movement is allowed on the June 22, 1941 turn.

but on turn 2 (26/6) I still cannot get factories to move. I can get the window up showing the industries, but no little >>>> to move the industries. I tried moving some non threatened industries in case the forward one were caught by ZOC, but no luck.

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 8
RE: Factory evac questions - 6/12/2015 9:41:49 PM   
Huw Jones

You can only start moving them T3.

(in reply to Icier)
Post #: 9
RE: Factory evac questions - 6/12/2015 11:49:29 PM   
Icier

Thanks...saves me a lot of angst.

(in reply to Huw Jones)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Factory evac questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI