Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Make the ai more aggressive!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Make the ai more aggressive! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Make the ai more aggressive! - 5/22/2015 6:02:32 AM   
aaatoysandmore

I still find the ai too passive in my games. Oh sure I might get one that tries to do something but usually it only has one or two planets. The other AI's just kinda sit around waiting for me to take what I want from them.

Perhaps a difficuly level where all the ai's are at war with the human on contact. Now that is on contact at least giving me some time to build up a force.

The pirates exp is ok and the AI pretty good too but it's really just the pirates that annoy me not any of the others and it gets kinda boring.
Post #: 1
RE: Make the ai more aggressive! - 5/22/2015 6:15:01 AM   
Bingeling

Have you experimented with the "restless" galaxy setting? I fail to remember what it is called.

As for being reluctant to declare ware, the AI seems less interested in declaring war on a more powerful enemy. And if you build up too fast/well, it may think you are out of its league.

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 2
RE: Make the ai more aggressive! - 5/22/2015 10:56:04 AM   
Icemania

Yeah in Vanilla I've played plenty of games on Chaos Aggression and nobody declared war. In the AI Improvement Mod, War Willingness was generally increased and better aligned with racial characteristics i.e. so passive races still have a low War Willingness, but aggressive races have increased War Willingness. Be warned though, Chaos Aggression is indeed Chaos ... it's pretty fun actually to play if you want a really different experience but my preferred setting with the Mod is Restless Aggression.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 3
RE: Make the ai more aggressive! - 5/22/2015 4:51:41 PM   
Raap

I think the AI measures their firepower vs yours and makes a decision based on that(in addition to relations, etc.). So if you're maxing out your fleet potential, they won't declare war because they don't have much of an advantage, if any. At least that's what I imagine is going on.

I think the way to go about fixing this, at least partially, would be to make coalitions against a single empire/player. Not necessarily between allies, but generally just a diplomatic option that says 'If someone goes to war against this empire, or if this empire goes to war against someone else, I'll join in on the opposing side'. That way, someone who would like to declare war against that empire would be measuring the coalition's firepower vs that empire instead of just their own.

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 4
RE: Make the ai more aggressive! - 5/24/2015 2:05:28 AM   
aaatoysandmore

Ok I downloaded the mod for aggressive ai and I'll give it a try soon. Thanks

(in reply to Raap)
Post #: 5
RE: Make the ai more aggressive! - 5/24/2015 7:18:45 AM   
Shark7

Play on very hard with chaos setting. There is plenty of war going on, even if I manage to stay out of it.

Also, make an MDP with one or two other empires, if nothing else, you'll get dragged into their wars.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Make the ai more aggressive! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI