I bought C:MANO yesterday on Steam, v 1.07 build 678, and I am running it on a Windows 8 machine.
I started the first tutorial, Basic Training Air Operations. It worked like a charm and I continued to play it from a saved game this morning. However, when I continued the scenario this afternoon, strange things started to happen...
1) I cannot start a new scenario or load a scenario into the editor. The load progress bar progresses a fraction of the bar (about 10-25%) and then quits, dropping me on an empty map globe.
2) I can still load a save file and continue my Basic Training operation, but that is all I can do.
3) I had activated the "Show message log in separate window" feature on my first run of C:MANO, which it remembered on the second run. However, on the third run no separate window was to be found. Deactivating the feature returned the message log to the primary window, but reactivating it just made the messages disappear without opening another window.
4) Even when playing the game from my save file, I cannot pop-out the message window, nor can I open the mission editor, side briefing, side Doctrine/EMCON/WRA window... I can however open the View database window, the scenario description, and the Order of Battle windows.
The only thing I have done with my computer setup between run #2 and #3 is to connect a third monitor and creating a three-monitor Eyefinity display group using the AMD Catalyst control center. I don't know if that is relevant to my problems, but that is literally the only change I have made.
I have tried the following things, without success:
- Verifying the integrity of the Steam files
- Uninstalling and reinstalling the game on Steam
- Deactivating the Eyefinity display group
Please help me find a solution so I can go back to enjoying this truly wonderful piece of software!
Since I have been playing this game for a total of 2 hours, I do not know if there is any other piece of information I need to provide. Let me know and I'll tell you what I can!
< Message edited by Sunburn -- 5/18/2015 9:32:35 PM >