Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Side Bar Scaling Issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> Side Bar Scaling Issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Side Bar Scaling Issue - 5/5/2015 8:28:46 PM   
RangerX3X

So I am having this issue lately:

I am running AMD Raptr 14.12, but it has occurred on a previous driver as well. I have tried some of the tweaks suggested in other posts that I have found but nothing works. Rolling back three drivers to where it was OK frankly is not an option.

Any advice?

Post #: 1
RE: Side Bar Scaling Issue - 5/8/2015 7:34:44 PM   
vandorenp

You will not get a response here. Everything is moved over to lock n load.

Keydet

(in reply to RangerX3X)
Post #: 2
RE: Side Bar Scaling Issue - 6/6/2015 4:06:15 AM   
RangerX3X

Unfortunately the steps identified in this post are not helpful to me as my system settings are already at that parameter, and the game worked fine for at least two years on this machine. Then one day it began with this issue and has continued since.

I suspect it may be something to do with my video card driver (AMD Raptr 14.12); however that driver has been updated a few times since this issue came about and rolling back is not a viable option for me.

It really sucks because I have several of the Airborne Assault games and they are all affected by this, and no longer enjoyable to play as a result. Even the new game is affected, so that tells me the issue is with the application as it stretches across several titles using the same or similar engine and affects absolutely no other application (game or otherwise) that I have.

(in reply to vandorenp)
Post #: 3
RE: Side Bar Scaling Issue - 12/2/2015 2:09:16 AM   
RangerX3X

For anyone experiencing this issue make sure that you have both MS Sans Serif and Microsoft Sans Serif fonts installed on your computer (they are actually two separate fonts believe it or not). One is only for Latin; the other is for Latin, Greek, and Cyrillic.

The Airborne Assault games (Highway to the Reich, Conquest of the Aegean, and Command Operations Battles from the Bulge) need both fonts. One is for the about screen, and the other is for the dialogues. If you have the issue described above most likely you only have MS Sans Serif and will need to download and install Microsoft Sans Serif to get the game back to a usable state.

Of course as with everything, your mileage may vary.

(in reply to RangerX3X)
Post #: 4
RE: Side Bar Scaling Issue - 12/2/2015 2:28:19 AM   
Arjuna

There are other options that may resolve your issue with overrunning text. These are canvassed here:
http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/threads/faq-font-size-why-does-the-text-overrun-the-dialog.1375/

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to RangerX3X)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> Side Bar Scaling Issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI