Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

tips for Allied air

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> The War Room >> tips for Allied air Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
tips for Allied air - 4/29/2015 5:07:45 PM   
decourcy2

Most of you already do this, but for newer players the first thing to do on the first turn of a campaign is to set every Mosquito night fighter squadron to only accept trained pilots. We have all watched our mossies die in droves, this will help.
Post #: 1
RE: tips for Allied air - 7/2/2015 8:12:10 PM   
zakblood

well seems i need a few more reads from users as my first attack didn't go as planned either

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by zakblood -- 7/2/2015 9:12:24 PM >

(in reply to decourcy2)
Post #: 2
RE: tips for Allied air - 7/2/2015 11:18:51 PM   
Harrybanana

Zakblood,

Not sure which of these attacks you are referring to when you say it "didn't go as planned either". If you are referring to the fact that Strategic Air force only executed one of it's Bomb City Air Directives, the reason is probably because each air group can only fly 1 AD per day. So if you assigned all of your air groups in Strategic to fly the 1st Bomb City Air Directive, then there were none left to fly the 2nd Bomb City Mission.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 3
RE: tips for Allied air - 7/3/2015 3:54:25 AM   
zakblood

no i meant the losses for me against what kills i made, seems i did get a good exchange etc and suffered a lot more damage to my planes etc

(in reply to Harrybanana)
Post #: 4
RE: tips for Allied air - 7/3/2015 5:30:23 AM   
Helpless

This screen alone doesn't show full picture on the efficiency. First of all not all Axis losses are listed here, just those which were registered during Allied AD execution. In game you can have better idea on air losses efficiency by comparing number of sorties per one loss (metrics screen). Usually it is more higher for the Allies, although LW in 1943 still can be quite dangerous.

Btw, many of these damaged planes could get repaired during air maintenance sub-phases of air execution.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 5
RE: tips for Allied air - 7/3/2015 6:56:55 AM   
zakblood

thanks, still learning and enjoying it while i do, so may be a while to catch up the rest as testing more than playing now days

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 6
RE: tips for Allied air - 7/3/2015 3:38:06 PM   
decourcy2

And honestly, if you play a campaign the Allies can afford to lose 500~ planes a week. If you hit the high value, high flak targets you can lose 200 ac a week from flak.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 7
RE: tips for Allied air - 7/4/2015 6:19:16 AM   
zakblood

my 2nd, 3rd and 4th play are all better after watching the video's posted, seem to be getting the hang of the first tutorial now ty all, it's slow going as i'm only playing it a hour or so a day as still test more tbh than play still, even with a new game

while damage is still high, losses are lower, so seem to be getting better anyway and causing more, just tweaking the first move to see which is better and saving the results to be methodical in my approach and see how the game works etc

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by zakblood -- 7/4/2015 6:02:29 PM >

(in reply to decourcy2)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> The War Room >> tips for Allied air Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI