Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Shukturi sites and factions not spawning

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Shukturi sites and factions not spawning Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Shukturi sites and factions not spawning - 3/31/2015 10:21:03 PM   
assassin5225

i have been trying to get the sites and faction ie gaurdians and the shukturi them selves to spawn. i play on custom settings but nothing happens i have tried to re install the game it is up to date anyone have any idea why these factions and sites are not spawning?
Post #: 1
RE: Shukturi sites and factions not spawning - 3/31/2015 10:46:45 PM   
Aeson

Did you remember to enable the Return of the Shakturi storyline on the Victory Conditions page in game setup? That'd be my guess for why Ancient Guardians and some special sites aren't appearing. If no special sites (debris fields, planet killers, weapons testing zones, strategic reserves, etc) at all appear, then I'd guess that you turned off all of the storylines on the Victory Conditions page at game setup.

Also note that even with the Return of the Shakturi storyline enabled, it's not guaranteed that the Shakturi will show up in your game before you win. If you want a game where you're guaranteed to face the Shakturi, you'll either need to get one of the mods that make them a playable faction and include them as an opponent during game setup, or you'll need to play a scenario map such as the Ancient Galaxy scenario that came with Universe.

(in reply to assassin5225)
Post #: 2
RE: Shukturi sites and factions not spawning - 3/31/2015 10:50:37 PM   
assassin5225

yeah i turned off all the victory conditions how ever i did make sure the ROTS story line is turned on. i didnt change anything since i played last all these seemed to work unless the update screwed with something. do i need to turn some victory conditions back on?

(in reply to Aeson)
Post #: 3
RE: Shukturi sites and factions not spawning - 4/1/2015 1:30:25 AM   
Aeson

quote:

do i need to turn some victory conditions back on?

I don't think any victory conditions need to be enabled aside from the storyline. You can certainly try playing around with the victory conditions to see if it'll make a difference, but I don't think it will.

If you're playing as a pirate faction, that's another possible reason why RotS won't work, as I'm pretty sure that the RotS storyline is disabled for pirate factions. It might also be something that could have disabled the RotS storyline since the last time you played a regular empire.

Post #: 4
RE: Shukturi sites and factions not spawning - 4/1/2015 1:53:12 AM   
Shark7

SPOILER
If you have research set to slow and expensive, it may take longer to trigger them. The level of tech you are at has an effect on it.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to Aeson)
Post #: 5
RE: Shukturi sites and factions not spawning - 4/1/2015 2:34:57 AM   
Aeson

quote:

SPOILER

That only applies to the Shakturi, though, not to special sites and Ancient Guardians, and assassin5225 included special sites and Ancient Guardians among the things which weren't spawning.

Also, if you put the spoiler into color tags and choose a white color (e.g. #FFFFFF), you can make it so that the spoiler can only be seen by highlighting the text, like so:
If you have research set to slow and expensive, it may take longer to trigger them. The level of tech you are at has an effect on it.

< Message edited by Aeson -- 4/1/2015 3:36:03 AM >

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 6
RE: Shukturi sites and factions not spawning - 4/1/2015 9:48:11 PM   
assassin5225

the only way things seem to spawn is when i play the actual story line. i cant play as a custom galaxy i took an hour to look over everything the options the settings in the custom match up. normally around year 30ish is when the refugees show up my most curent game the year is like 90ish i have everything researched and nothing....

(in reply to Aeson)
Post #: 7
RE: Shukturi sites and factions not spawning - 4/1/2015 10:26:44 PM   
assassin5225

also it keeps starting me out in the age of shadows which is before the shakturi are introduced to the game idk why this is either. could this be a factor?

Post #: 8
RE: Shukturi sites and factions not spawning - 4/2/2015 7:46:51 AM   
Bingeling

I am not sure what your problem is. The main points are:

1: You must have the return of the shakturi storyline enabled. With this you should soon enough meet the Ancient Guardians once you start exploring the galaxy.

2: For the shadows to appear there may be various triggers in the game. For instance "average tech level" of the galaxy or something.

3: You start settings apart from selecting the storyline does not matter, but with age of shadows start and slower research it will take more time for the shadow events to trigger.

The first thing to make clear is whether the Ancient Guardians are present and start sending their messages.

Post #: 9
RE: Shukturi sites and factions not spawning - 4/2/2015 6:21:41 PM   
Bebop Cola

Are you starting with a pre-warp empire/game?

As I understand it, the Ancient Guardians spawn is keyed to the player completing research for Warp Field Precursors. If you haven't researched that yet, the Ancient Guardians will not have spawned.

Also, if you've skipped over researching that (Say, by using the editor to bump your tech level), then the Ancient Guardians will not spawn properly.

In other words, if you start with a pre-warp game you must explore your home system to find the ruin that grants you access to the Warp Field Precursors tech, and then research it to completion, in order to get the Ancient Guardians to spawn. If the Ancient Guardians do not spawn, that may impact the spawn of the Shakturi later. I have seen, however, some of the Ancient Guardians warnings get fired by the Zenox or Quameno if the Ancient Guardians didn't spawn. They contact you similar to the way the Ancient Guardians do, saying they are passing a long a message they received from some distance source, if I recall it correctly.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 10
RE: Shukturi sites and factions not spawning - 4/2/2015 8:57:42 PM   
assassin5225

quote:

The first thing to make clear is whether the Ancient Guardians are present and start sending their messages.

How do i do this they are not appearing in any of my games

(in reply to Bebop Cola)
Post #: 11
RE: Shukturi sites and factions not spawning - 4/2/2015 9:00:09 PM   
assassin5225

quote:

I have seen, however, some of the Ancient Guardians warnings get fired by the Zenox or Quameno if the Ancient Guardians didn't spawn. They contact you similar to the way the Ancient Guardians do, saying they are passing a long a message they received from some distance source, if I recall it correctly.

i will restart my game to see if this is the problem with out those two races

Post #: 12
RE: Shukturi sites and factions not spawning - 4/2/2015 9:31:55 PM   
Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aeson

quote:

SPOILER

That only applies to the Shakturi, though, not to special sites and Ancient Guardians, and assassin5225 included special sites and Ancient Guardians among the things which weren't spawning.

Also, if you put the spoiler into color tags and choose a white color (e.g. #FFFFFF), you can make it so that the spoiler can only be seen by highlighting the text, like so:

hehe, depends on the users own forum settings, I was able to read your example clearly.

I have seen forums that actually black it out, and the only way to see it is to highlight the big black block.

And it comes down to the simple fact that I am not really good at operating forums.

More on topic, I'm pretty sure that certain conditions have to be met before the ruins will start being triggered. IIRC (I play sandbox games with research set to 999k, so it takes a long time for anything to happen in my games) that you'll get a 'ping' on the map to point you where to go. I could be mistaken though.

Distant Worlds Fan

(in reply to Aeson)
Post #: 13
RE: Shukturi sites and factions not spawning - 4/2/2015 10:22:20 PM   
assassin5225

the biggest problem is i cant get the storyline sites to actully spawn the guardians wont spawn i have the storyline turned on i have played to the point where everything is researched and it is me and 1 other empire in galexy and we are at war. so i havnt won the game but i know that the other empire is just as powerful in research as me. i have explored every planet in the game that has ruins but nothing.

now do these sites spawn after the warning from the gaurdians? i checked the editor and these sites arent spawning in. i just tested 10 games and nothing at start

< Message edited by assassin5225 -- 4/2/2015 11:30:34 PM >

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 14
RE: Shukturi sites and factions not spawning - 4/2/2015 11:28:46 PM   
mordachai

I normally find the Guardians at the very early part of the game. They must not have spawned for you for some reason -- maybe time for a new game.

Post #: 15
RE: Shukturi sites and factions not spawning - 4/2/2015 11:52:24 PM   
assassin5225

what about the sites not spawning like the debries fields and planet destroyer porjects?

(in reply to mordachai)
Post #: 16
RE: Shukturi sites and factions not spawning - 4/3/2015 12:20:02 AM   
mordachai

Yeah, that's messed up! Those come along with the ROS storyline. Maybe something glitched when you started this game, and that was turned off somehow? Those should show up pretty early in the game (later than the Guardians normally, though on a big map you *might* find the wreckage before the Guardians, but not by much). Sounds like you're way too far into the game for there to be any chance at all that they're going to spawn, or that anything else is going to happen (besides you killing/getting killed by the one AI)

Post #: 17
RE: Shukturi sites and factions not spawning - 4/3/2015 12:33:59 AM   
assassin5225

yeah never had an issue with it until now for some reason. ever since the update back in december thats been an on going problem

just seems like update broke it for me

< Message edited by assassin5225 -- 4/3/2015 1:35:05 AM >

(in reply to mordachai)
Post #: 18
RE: Shukturi sites and factions not spawning - 4/3/2015 1:05:29 AM   
Shark7

assassin5225, be sure to post this in the tech support forum with a good description of how the AGs aren't showing up. The dev's are looking in there, and they need to know this.

Distant Worlds Fan

Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Shukturi sites and factions not spawning Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI