Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SOP for the next version/game: questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Requested Features and Ideas >> SOP for the next version/game: questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SOP for the next version/game: questions - 3/24/2015 7:03:00 AM   
batteran

Hello.

By reading some topics, I understand you want to add some "Standard Operating Procedures" options for your next game.

About that, will it be some "individual unit" option you can switch anytime in play, or something you must adjust before a scenario, like doctrinals?

I say that because I have see that in Flashpoint Germany, these options can be set anytime.

I like the ideal and felling of having some power on the pre-battle orders and ROE/SOP, and the day the battle start, just play it like FPC:RS work today: set moving orders, stances, arty/air strikes, adjust finelly waypoints for synchronisations purposes and hope for the best ^^

It can be an interressing experience to make the player changing SOP only between scenarios in a campaign, for exemple ^^

Note that if I take the Grosny battle in exemple, the Russian initial SOP for their T-72 and T-80 was roughly: go first in the streets, and infantry just behind. After some mess (like the 1st brigade «Maïkop» ambushed in the streets: 800 kills/prisoners on 1000 mens, 20 tanks destroyeds on 26, 102 infantry Vehicles destroyeds on 120 in 2 days!), they kickly (the nexts days) adapts their SOP and gear, especialy for tanks that now go behind infantry, support them but rest "out of RPG distance" and got some "urban armor+ kit".
Post #: 1
RE: SOP for the next version/game: questions - 3/24/2015 10:51:05 AM   
CapnDarwin

The SOPs will be by units or selected group (for quicker setting). Probably have some defaults and other functions as we work on the definitions internally.

We are hard at work on Southern Storm and Pro work to support the warfighters.

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to batteran)
Post #: 2
RE: SOP for the next version/game: questions - 3/24/2015 11:07:02 AM   
batteran

who can do more can do less, so, it's probably the best way for that feature, thanks! ^^

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Requested Features and Ideas >> SOP for the next version/game: questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI