I hope you gents wake up fresh and sufficiently rested, because today will be a long day. The enemy is awaiting us and he is heavily entrenched. But despite all the odds victory will be ours.
Because today is the day of the BIG update! Yes soldiers, Commander: The Great War is updated to version 1.6.2 and it's huge.
Here the full change log:
- UNDO for move and swap
- Go to next unit button
New on iOS:
- HD unit icons on Retina displays
Gameplay changes / balancing:
- Free Upkeep allowance is now zero,which means you now pay for each and
every unit on the map.
- Country PPs increased to offset the effects of the Free Upkeep allowance change.
- All Nations Man Power has been reduced, to a scale appropriate to
historic national forces levels per Country.
- Disband PP & MP returns have been altered,so that you now receive the
- If a Capital city is captured a substantial national morale penalty
will be applied. (NOW A WAR CHANGING EVENT)
- Production & Research now shows time up to 50 turns.Allowing the a
player to keep track more easily off what new Tech will be available
in the future.
- Research Lab Upkeep cost reduced.
- Britain's starting land forces reduced to historical level.
- Britain now has a larger navy,twice the size of Germany for example. (RULE BRITANNIA )
- German navy now has research advantage,meaning her ships are
stronger,than any other fleet including Britain.
- The loss of a battlefleet in combat morale penalty has been
increased. (FOR BRITAIN NOW A WAR CHANGING EVENT)
- Battleships have now been renamed DREADNOUGHTS!
- Dreadnought production cost reduced from 120 to 80 PPs.
- Pre-Dreadnought & Armoured Cruisers added to unit types,these can't be
upgraded or purchased.
- Cruisers have been renamed LIGHT Cruisers!
- NAVAL AI has been enhanced,making it more of a challenge.
- All air units have been toned down,as to there effectiveness,this is
World War One after all.
- Garrison,Infantry,Cavalry & Artillery now all benefit from Anti-Air
- Garrison & Infantry benefit from Entrenchment upgrade.
- Additional historical event messages,and City Captured event
messages,are now in game.
- Various Commander entry dates fixed
- Austrian & German Level 3 Fighter in game images corrected.
- Increased starting research levels for Russia & Serbia (Slightly reducing German research advantage in game turns)
- Increased PP For Russia + added new Infantry unit near Moscow 1914 scenario.
- Increased PP For Serbia + added 2 new Garrison units near Skopje 1914 scenario.
- Increased Ammunition production for Serbia from 2 - 3 per turn.
- Slight increased to entrenchment levels.
- Fixed Research Tech Tree display Scroll for all Countries.
- Tweaked City Production Points distrubtion for for all Nations.
- Campaign Scenario 1918 game time increased to 60 Turns (Extending the war well into 1919 and beyond !)
- Plus many other minor tweaks to game balance across all scenarios.
- Fixed a crash that could happen during AI turn whend disembarking unit
- Fixed a crash that could happen during AI turn when seasons changed
- Fixed a crash that could with certain sound cards
- Various other stability and fixes.
< Message edited by Daniele -- 3/16/2015 11:34:38 AM >