Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Artillery support - How do you know?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Artillery support - How do you know? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Artillery support - How do you know? - 3/5/2015 5:27:14 PM   
warshipbuilder

I have been playing around with Breakout and Pursuit, but have had a sneaking suspicion that I am not getting artillery support from my HQ's. AFAIK as long as the HQ is within two hexes of the attacking unit you should be fine, but nothing ever tells you that you are getting it. I decided to play the Axis side just to see what things look like from there and I saw that when the WA attacked my troops there were red lines going back to their HQ's, so I am assuming that is showing artillery support or whatever else they can do. Am I wrong about that or is there something I should be doing in order to get that artillery support? Or is it actually happening and I am just never going to know? I am completely confused at this point. HELP!!

warshipbuilder

Any ship can be a minesweeper, once.
Overshoot the green TI's.
Editor WitE2Pedia
ED/BTR Ressurection Project
Post #: 1
RE: Artillery support - How do you know? - 3/5/2015 5:35:29 PM   
LiquidSky

The red lines are aircraft flying ground support.

For support units included in a battle..you have to look at the battle report. You can scroll down the list of all the units that were in the attack. (and defence)

Support units in the corp HQ have a greater chance of being added into an attack then the support units in the Army HQ. Plus, I the more the merrier...if you have lots of units in the HQ, then it will be easier for it to 'max' out it's additions into the combat.

“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great

(in reply to warshipbuilder)
Post #: 2
RE: Artillery support - How do you know? - 3/5/2015 6:35:18 PM   
warshipbuilder

Thank you LS! Found the artillery support where you said it was, re ran the battle and lo and behold saw the red lines for air support, dunno why I never saw them before on the WA side. I guess I am going to have to figure out how to do some "Corps management" in that rather cramped battlefield in order to take full advantage of their capabilities.

warshipbuilder

Any ship can be a minesweeper, once.
Overshoot the green TI's.
Editor WitE2Pedia
ED/BTR Ressurection Project

(in reply to LiquidSky)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Artillery support - How do you know? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI