A really big update is ready for the monster game of 2014!
It brings tons of improvements and new features like an increased efficiency of night fighters and the possibility for support unit to be attached to breakdown divisions.
It also fixes some bugs related to gameplay, bringing even more historical details to an already stunning game.
Download the patch here.
Here the full change log:
New Features and Rule Changes
1. New Aircraft Upgrades (section 8.1.8) – US 2-4 engine aircraft may not be used for upgrades 1 month after beginning production. US single engine aircraft are still not available until 3 months after beginning production.
2. Support Units (section 7.5.2) - Italian divisions and divisional breakdowns can now attach Italian and German support units. German divisions and divisional breakdowns can now attach Italian support units. When Italy surrenders, any German support units attached to an Italian unit will be placed in a German HQ.
3. Minimum West Front replacements (section 21.3) – When using the East Front Control Option, at the start of each German logistics phase, 20% of the manpower in the active pool at that moment is reserved to be used by Western Front units only (i.e. this manpower cannot be used for replacements for units on the Eastern Front).
4. Exports (section 21.1.12) - Allied/Axis equipment exports are now impacted by the production usage modifier.
5. Transport losses (section 16.5) - Reduced manpower losses when transports are sunk at sea. Now, ½ of the manpower in the elements destroyed are placed in the manpower transit pool.
6. Air Recon (section 188.8.131.52) - Air recon flights will automatically change their altitude in the target hex by up to 10000 feet in order to reach the most effective altitude for the camera device being used.
7. Editor – Added the ability to set the starting Soviet Potential using a function on the main tab titled Init Soviet Potential. The number in parenthesis next to this function is the current value.
8. Editor - Added a GE/AC and pool nationality mismatch scenario check util item.
9. Slightly reduced flak damage.
10. Increased efficiency of night fighters.
11. Adjusted pilot fatigue recovery.
12. Disabled the “no manpower” message that could appear when adding pilots to air groups on the CR screen.
13. Previously Undocumented Rule – Temporary ports are considered to be national supply sources for the purposes of determining isolation.
14. Added/modified 9 unit symbols and 3 ground element photos.
1. Can't create depots in ports like Benghazi that do not have a railyard, and airbases in that area are listing out as being isolated. Fixed.
2. In some cases admin points were increasing when a player used the build-up/breakdown option. Fixed.
3. Fixed a division by zero bug in an East Front function.
4. East Front airgroups don't send old aircraft to the pool when swapping/upgrading. Fixed.
5. Air groups could fly ADs after aircraft upgrade. Fixed.
6. The auto change HQ attachment (g key) doesn't flag the unit that it has changed HQs so a player can change the HQ more than once in a turn. Fixed.
7. Depots in Eastern Europe would ignore nearby units and use all their freight for the Eastern Front units when using the Eastern Front Option. Fixed.
8. A unit moving to an inland port on ships became stuck on a land hex next to a river hexside. While very rare, if this happens, the unit will be taken off ships in the next logistics phase.
9. Aircraft set to Night Only could participate in air transport freight missions in daylight. They would not actually fly or be charged with miles flown, but freight would be airdropped. Fixed.
10. Very high ranking air leaders were being prevented from being put in charge of HQs. Fixed.
11. Map unit search ('h') can hang. Fixed.
12. Popup box allowing entry of REQ AC (Requested Aircraft) in the advanced settings for an air directive tasks "Enter required number of aircraft" should list requested not required. Fixed.
13. Fixed EFB max group size calculation.
14. Fixed wrong TOE percentage calculation.
15. Fixed potential plane flak damage overflow.
16. Multiplayer fix - Hide enemy air directive targets after end turn button is pressed.
17. Multiplayer fix - Hide enemy units when uploading save to MP server.
•Data and Scenario Changes
1. US Chemical Battalions rebuilt for new OB
2. Fixed Cisterna d Littorio Airbase in May 44 Campaign
1. .303 Vickers ‘K’ MG (0001) – Effect increased from 1 to 2; Accuracy increased from 30 to 33; ROF increased from 23 to 32; Anti-Air increased from 40 to 53.
2. 20mm Hispano Cannon (0044) – Renamed 20mm Hispano V Cannon.
3. 30mm Cannon MK108 (0045) – Range decreased from 6000 to 4000.
4. WGr 210 (0052) – Range increased from 500 to 1000.
5. Added 50mm Cannon BK5 (0638).
6. Added 75mm Cannon BK7.5 (0639).
7. Added R4M (0640).
8. Added 75mm GebG 36 Gun (0641).
1. No changes except to tie in photo from Axel.
2. Added 75mm Mountain Gun (0373).
1. Added 42 Fallschirmjaeger Battalion (+) (OB 0584).
2. Added 42 BR Parachute Battalion (+) (OB 1049).
3. Added 44 Motorized Regiment (OB 0705).
4. Added 44 Mountain Battalion (OB 0706).
1. Added two new air profiles.