Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenario creating question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Scenario creating question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenario creating question - 2/18/2015 12:24:49 AM   
1nutworld

Hello everyone.

I'm in the process of developing a scenario where a Civilian Passenger aircraft gets shot down with a SAM.

I'm having difficulty in getting the SAM site to engage the aircraft.

The aircraft in question is not only passing through the active Radar coverage but also within the weapon range of the SAM site. The crew proficiency of the radar site and SAM battery were set to ACE, with the ROE for the radar site as well as SAM battery set to engage non-hostile targets, to ignore ambiguity when Shooting Ambiguous, as well as to Engage Opportunity targets set to YES.

I have assigned the radar and SAM battery to a mission and have set reference points for a prosecution area, of which the aircraft also passes through.

I can't think of what I can do, yet I've run the scenario in editor mode 3x and the aircraft passes through the weapon range and prosecution zone un-attacked.

Post #: 1
RE: Scenario creating question - 2/18/2015 1:14:20 AM   
ckfinite

Try setting an exclusion zone as well, or turn engage unidentified targets to optimistic in the SAM's doctrine.

(in reply to 1nutworld)
Post #: 2
RE: Scenario creating question - 2/18/2015 1:41:09 AM   
1nutworld

quote:

ORIGINAL: ckfinite

Try setting an exclusion zone as well, or turn engage unidentified targets to optimistic in the SAM's doctrine.

The exclusion zone was the trick. This time the SAM fired 2x and when those failed to hit, fired 2 more and one of those connected to get the desired result of destroying the aircraft.

Thank you ckfinite!

(in reply to ckfinite)
Post #: 3
RE: Scenario creating question - 2/18/2015 3:00:57 AM   
1nutworld

Ok, so now that I have the ability to shoot down my aircraft, how do I re-add the unit to the scenario? Just by using the "add unit" function in the editor?

My plane has been destroyed and now doesn't show up in OOB, just in the losses and expenditures.

Sorry if these are stupid questions.

(in reply to 1nutworld)
Post #: 4
RE: Scenario creating question - 2/18/2015 3:07:41 AM   
ckfinite

Well, I suggest saving the scenario before you run it for the first time, then you can reload from that saved file. Barring that, yes, you need to use the add unit function.

(in reply to 1nutworld)
Post #: 5
RE: Scenario creating question - 2/18/2015 3:22:58 AM   
1nutworld

quote:

ORIGINAL: ckfinite

Well, I suggest saving the scenario before you run it for the first time, then you can reload from that saved file. Barring that, yes, you need to use the add unit function.

Ok, good that is what I did. I was just afraid that adding another unit of the same thing would just double what I have in the scenario. (Not that it matters, I guess) I could just save and delete one, and then re-save.

(in reply to ckfinite)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Scenario creating question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI