Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Asama Maru and her sisters

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Asama Maru and her sisters Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Asama Maru and her sisters - 2/12/2015 4:03:38 AM   
el cid again

Reference ship slots number 2786 & 2787
class slot number 2027 (identical in stock and RHS - which is the standard case)

The name of the sister should be Tatuta Maru vice Tatsuta Maru

Both ships start at the wrong location: Asama Maru was at Saipan when the war began and Tatuta Maru more or less at Yokohama. [She engaged in a deception
cruise, leaving port just before the war began and returning to it just after it began -
a voyage to nowhere as it were.]

The class data is substantially flawed. The Asama Maru loaded 2800 troops and 2800 tons of cargo the day the war began - an indication of her actual capacity for both.
Stock has 5010 troops and 1700 tons of cargo - quite difficult troop loading for a ship
rated at 9580 tons also by stock. RHS preserved these values by inheritance, but they remain incorrect. The ship was 16,975 GRT - and an ocean liner's full load displacement should be about 12% greater than that, or about 19,000 tons (19012 if it is exactly 12% more).

Speed is correct - at 21 knots - and cruising probably should be 18 knots (it is given as 17.5 in one sources).

There is another vessel kind of sort of in the class - Chichibu Maru is a half sister.
This is more or less class slot 2043 in stock - although there she is shown as Kamakura Maru - which in fact is correct as it turns out the ship was renamed in 1939. This vessel was selected for conversion to a carrier - which implies so could the sisters.
From this sister we get the data the 17,626 ton variant had a displacement (used for naval purposes) of 16,800 tons - and a fuel capacity of 3190 tons (making
Asama Maru probably around 3100 tons).

< Message edited by el cid again -- 2/12/2015 5:13:51 AM >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Asama Maru and her sisters Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI