Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

No fuel to fly

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> The War Room >> No fuel to fly Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
No fuel to fly - 1/30/2015 10:02:24 AM   
SaintEx

It's early '44, playing allies against AI. In Italy I'm north of Rome, with most of the 15th and Tactical Air Force on the Italian peninsula. The no fly info tells me that the majority of my planes will not fly because of low fuel. So... how can I get more fuel onto the peninsula? Note that most of the ports, including Naples, are at zero damage.

While I'm at it, some of the aicraft show "no free mileage" as a no-fly. No idea what that means.
Post #: 1
RE: No fuel to fly - 1/30/2015 10:11:51 AM   
Helpless

quote:

It's early '44, playing allies against AI. In Italy I'm north of Rome, with most of the 15th and Tactical Air Force on the Italian peninsula. The no fly info tells me that the majority of my planes will not fly because of low fuel. So... how can I get more fuel onto the peninsula? Note that most of the ports, including Naples, are at zero damage.

Checking supply details of air base units would be a best place to start. Could be you need to build more depots.

quote:

While I'm at it, some of the aicraft show "no free mileage" as a no-fly. No idea what that means.

Each air groups has some certain mileage allowance which depends on various factors - plane type, ready planes, morale, etc. Once you reach it air groups won't be able to fly and "no free mileage" no-fly code will be returned. I think it should be described in manual.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development

(in reply to SaintEx)
Post #: 2
RE: No fuel to fly - 1/30/2015 2:59:58 PM   
SaintEx

Thank you, that's very useful. As it turns out, I didn't realize that I had to manually change the supply priority when I transferred air units to a new base; many of them were stationed at bases with a priority of 0. It's fixed now.

Otherwise, a couple of questions, while I'm at it, on missions not flown. It seems that my strategic bombers almost never fly all the directives I give them. I know that weather, etc. plays a role here, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to be reasonable in the number of directives I give. I've checked the air execution in the logistics log, but I van't really see why this is the case. Every once in a while it will state that it can't get the required number of planes, but not enough to make up for all the unflown missions. Any ideas?

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 3
RE: No fuel to fly - 1/30/2015 6:50:12 PM   
marion61

If your trying to fly the same planes in two different directives, at the same time, the highest priority directive will fly first and what's left over flys the second one. Check what days you have the groups flying.

(in reply to SaintEx)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> The War Room >> No fuel to fly Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI