Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

problem with start up and main menu

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> problem with start up and main menu Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
problem with start up and main menu - 1/21/2015 6:14:33 PM   
jroper10

when ever i start up DW (i have all the expansions except Universe) the intro movie and the game menu is partially off screen.

i cant close out the the WHATS NEW window and when i click start new game, i cant select hardly any of the options available because its like my screen is zoomed up too far and half the options are off screen.

when i start a tutorial, the game works fine.

any ideas on how to fix this issue? i cant get to the options button on the main menu to try and change the resolution because i cant close out the Galactiopedia window..

edit 1 : im running windows 8.1 on a surface pro 3..

when i get in game the screen is perfect but when im at main menu, the right side of the screen is hanging off to where i have black bars at the top and sides of my display.

< Message edited by jroper10 -- 1/21/2015 7:25:07 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: problem with start up and main menu - 1/21/2015 8:36:01 PM   
Bingeling

Do you have desktop zoom or something like that?

You can try to remove the ' in front of the screen size settings in Startup.ini. That ought to launch the game in a window. That way you could possibly be able to close the galactopedia, make it not appear on startup, and set up a game. And you an always add the ' again after saving your new game if it works well and you prefer it that way.

Just a suggestion for a workaround.

(in reply to jroper10)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> problem with start up and main menu Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI