Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Resolution Scaling

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Resolution Scaling Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Resolution Scaling - 1/3/2015 7:42:13 AM   
St1x

Hi, i picked up cmano in the steam sale as it was a bargin. I installed it and immediately ran into a problem. I use a 4k monitor (3840 x 2160) and have had to increase the scaling in windows 8.1 just to make anything readable. I increased the scaling from within the windows system settings to the recommended level but once i loaded up cmano the text it still tiny, it's barely readable and is very blurry.

Does anyone know how to get cmano to scale properly? I could show you what i mean easily with a screenshot but don't have the post count yet :/ With the release of affordable 4k monitors i would imagine this could effect quite a few people.
Post #: 1
RE: Resolution Scaling - 1/3/2015 7:55:29 AM   
Ocel0t

Well, you could increase the font text within windows settings. There's a couple actually. Some are under accessibility options, others can be found in the window customizations options. Another option would be the ClearType tuner. This isn't going to make things bigger, but instead adjust how the antialias works on system menus (and hopefully CMANO).

Let me know hat works.

(in reply to St1x)
Post #: 2
RE: Resolution Scaling - 1/3/2015 8:38:43 AM   
St1x

Hi Ocel0t, i changed the font size within the windows system settings and everthing looks good, sharp and large enough in windows, it's just when cmano loads up it seems to ignore the windows system settings. The text is tiny compared to the windows system font size.

(in reply to Ocel0t)
Post #: 3
RE: Resolution Scaling - 1/3/2015 11:42:08 AM   
Dimitris

Hello,

Command currently handles DPI settings up to 125% reasonably well but is known to have issues on higher DPI settings. It would help us a lot if you could post screenshots of the problematic areas you come accross.

To get around the posting limitations for images here, you can upload your screenshots to free image hosts (like imgur etc.) and link the pictures in your posts here.

Thanks!

< Message edited by Sunburn -- 1/3/2015 12:43:30 PM >

(in reply to St1x)
Post #: 4
RE: Resolution Scaling - 1/3/2015 3:33:50 PM   
St1x

Here we go: i've had to alter the link as i can't post links either, just put dots where the spaces are: i imgur com/BK0b2mq png

It's not fuzzy now but the font is still minute on the screen.

So it stops scalng after 125 dpi? I think this is the issue as my dpi is over that. I wonder why 125 dpi was chosen as the limit? It really is tiny, such a shame :(

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 5
RE: Resolution Scaling - 1/5/2015 12:31:01 PM   
Dimitris

We are sorry for your troubles. Command is currently not optimized for very high DPI settings such as in your case. We are aware of this limitations and are researching ways to address it.

As a temporary workaround we would recommend switching to full-HD resolution (ie. 1920x1080) when using Command, as it is known to work very well in this setting.

Thank you for your understanding on this.

(in reply to St1x)
Post #: 6
RE: Resolution Scaling - 5/31/2015 9:11:19 PM   
torin8

Hi any news on support for High resolutions?

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Resolution Scaling Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI