Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Refit - how does it work best?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Refit - how does it work best? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Refit - how does it work best? - 12/27/2014 10:48:08 AM   
vinnie71

Still playing as the Axis and am in May 1944.

The Axis get a lot of depleted units which need to be reinforced. However, I can't seem to make them reinforce themselves automatically. I've tried putting them on refit on depot hex and whatnot, but to no avail. Must be doing something wrong because until there were a few units to reinforce, there seemed to be no problem, but once a bunch of depleted divisions and SUs came in game, they are just sitting there (even SUs in OKW) without attracting any sort of reinforcement.

So what is the best way to reinforce such units?
Post #: 1
RE: Refit - how does it work best? - 12/27/2014 10:56:12 AM   
ByTheNumbers

I had this happen on a small scale in my current game. Had a stack of 3 divisions needing refitting and sent them to a port town to refit. I thought the port was close enough to the front lines, but after a few turns, no replacements were getting to any of them. I moved them directly behind where tons of freight were going to the front lines to a nearby depot. Then they started getting their replacements. That said, you might need to look at the path all your freight's going and pick another depot to use.

(in reply to vinnie71)
Post #: 2
RE: Refit - how does it work best? - 12/27/2014 11:00:59 AM   
RedLancer

On a Depot (ideally Type 4 NSS), set to a high supply priority and attached to a HQ also set to high priority with REFIT toggled on.

The big problem may be no equipment in the pools to provide the reinforcements. Too many units refitting will suck in all reinforcements and prevent anything getting to other units.

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to vinnie71)
Post #: 3
RE: Refit - how does it work best? - 12/27/2014 11:12:24 AM   
vinnie71

Thanks for the quick replies. However, the force pools are pretty well stocked (allies haven't landed in France as yet)but there seems to be no movement of stuff. I've also noticed that even placing them in hexes like Berlin, Frankfurt or Essen is useless. What it even weirder is that even SUs in OKW have not received anything in months. Its kind of strange really...

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 4
RE: Refit - how does it work best? - 12/27/2014 12:37:48 PM   
RedLancer

Upload a save in Tech Support and I'll look.

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to vinnie71)
Post #: 5
RE: Refit - how does it work best? - 12/27/2014 12:38:52 PM   
KenchiSulla

Do you have eastern front enabled?

AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor

(in reply to vinnie71)
Post #: 6
RE: Refit - how does it work best? - 12/27/2014 1:00:27 PM   
vinnie71

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cannonfodder

Do you have eastern front enabled?

Yes. Some of the most problematic units seem to be the ones coming from the Eastern Front actually.

(in reply to KenchiSulla)
Post #: 7
RE: Refit - how does it work best? - 12/27/2014 1:19:01 PM   
vinnie71

quote:

ORIGINAL: Red Lancer

Upload a save in Tech Support and I'll look.

How is it done? (Sorry I'm not fully conversant with IT

Thanks

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 8
RE: Refit - how does it work best? - 12/27/2014 3:25:41 PM   
MechFO

quote:

On a Depot (ideally Type 4 NSS), set to a high supply priority and attached to a HQ also set to high priority with REFIT toggled on.

The big problem may be no equipment in the pools to provide the reinforcements. Too many units refitting will suck in all reinforcements and prevent anything getting to other units.

As detailed in case No. 2 with the attached saves:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3767850

the EF seems to get first call on all replacements, ahead of any SU or units on refit in the West, even if on a NSS.

< Message edited by MechFO -- 12/27/2014 4:27:29 PM >

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 9
RE: Refit - how does it work best? - 12/27/2014 3:32:40 PM   
vinnie71

quote:

ORIGINAL: MechFO

quote:

the EF seems to get first call on all replacements, ahead of any SU or units on refit in the West, even if on a NSS.

Thanks for this. But how can one explain the fact that the pools are still full of stuff? Its really strange - and actually if I remember well, in the earlier part of the game when the Germans only had 2 divisions plus a brigade engaged, understrength units filled up rather slowly.

(in reply to MechFO)
Post #: 10
RE: Refit - how does it work best? - 12/27/2014 3:44:52 PM   
MechFO

quote:

ORIGINAL: Offworlder

quote:

ORIGINAL: MechFO

quote:

Thanks for this. But how can one explain the fact that the pools are still full of stuff? Its really strange - and actually if I remember well, in the earlier part of the game when the Germans only had 2 divisions plus a brigade engaged, understrength units filled up rather slowly.

As Germans, manpower is the main limiting factor. All the equipment in the pools need manpower for them to be distributed to units.

(in reply to vinnie71)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Refit - how does it work best? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI