Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A lot of questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> A lot of questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A lot of questions - 12/16/2014 10:23:13 AM   
navwarcol

I have purchased this game, but have a lot of questions regarding things I am reading.
First off, however, great game!

A few to begin with:

1. The game does not seem to provide an option, anywhere that I can see, for "hot seat play" despite that I read it to be an option. What am I missing?

2. Along the same lines... I figured out a work around that basically equates to hot seat... just letting the other player take your seat. The problem is that even with extreme fog of war on.... both of us can see (as players) the entire enemy force. Now, we cannot target ones that are out of visual range, but still hard to conduct any deceptive maneuvers when the other player can see everything.... units, strength, morale, etc. I assume this would not be an issue if "hot seat" were enabled, so it may go away if I could fix #1... but would still allow me to see the AI controlled units if playing against the CPU.

3. The manual mentions that there are kampfgruppe HQ in the German oob to add in, making "ad hoc" battlegroups... I have none, and have changed dates randomly to see if they are perhaps only available in limited timeframes, but no joy.

4. Along the same lines as 3... I could probably fix 3, by the method of the -x parameter, at least in solo play, but I can find no guide on how to use it... I followed the dev diary 13 (I think it was) where it showed the -x parameter... a cool idea btw! but it did not show how to actually get from the game, or from the editor, to actually open up the platoon obx/oob files...

More to come, thank you if anyone can help with these.
Post #: 1
RE: A lot of questions - 12/16/2014 11:36:01 AM   
Jason Petho

1. Campaign Series start menu --> East Front (for example) --> Play Scenario --> Hot Seat

2. No longer an issue if followed the above procedure.

3. There are Kampfgruppe HQ now in the Org Editor, but they haven't been implemented in any of the scenarios yet, I don't believe. That will be coming in the next UPDATE which will be focusing on additional scenarios.

4. You can create new scenarios that will use it. There is no need to use the -X option if doing so.

Hope that helps
Jason Petho

(in reply to navwarcol)
Post #: 2
RE: A lot of questions - 12/16/2014 1:25:04 PM   
navwarcol

Thanks, Jason.. however.. anything I try from the "campaign series start menu" does not load... I end up having to go into the file and click the "wf.exe" which has no hotseat option...
also, I do not have those hq in my "org editor"... it was in the org editor that I was looking, where I varied the date, to see if maybe that had an effect.

Your simple answer led me to check if I perhaps had the right update, but it SAYS "2.02" when I check the "Help-about"...

Is there anything I may have done that somehow did not pick up the full patch? Looking back at the patch directions, they are rather complicated, but I think I actually did it in the order listed.

< Message edited by navwarcol -- 12/16/2014 2:31:30 PM >

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 3
RE: A lot of questions - 12/16/2014 1:27:48 PM   
navwarcol

**also should note that still, if playing against the computer, the no fog of war I mentioned, still is a problem...if I choose the option "fog of war" and then still can see the entire AI controlled force, is it possibly related to the same thing?

(in reply to navwarcol)
Post #: 4
RE: A lot of questions - 12/16/2014 2:01:19 PM   
Jason Petho

Ah, try using the West Front.exe instead. That will give you the option.

(in reply to navwarcol)
Post #: 5
RE: A lot of questions - 12/16/2014 2:02:44 PM   
Jason Petho

It's only in east front, the hq. They will be expanded in the future update to the other games.

Post #: 6
RE: A lot of questions - 12/16/2014 2:34:06 PM   
navwarcol

Thank you Jason..
The "West Front .exe" got it through the hotseat selection, and all the way to the point of choosing the scenario... which is definite progress... but each time I choose a scenario there, it says "loading main program, please wait".. and thus far is a near 30 minute wait.. opening Task Manager from curiosity, and it does not even show as running the program.

The EF Org.. I found those hq in... thank you I thought that I had read that the improvements were only in WF until 2.1, so had not even opened EF before.

Also I found some great instructions on the editing with the -x parameter.. so that one is moot. I really am thinking that as far as the exe running, I did something wrong with the patch install, because somewhere I thought I read in these forums that if you did not install it correctly, something like this would happen... I just can't find where I read that at.

Thank you for your work on this game!

Ron

Post #: 7
RE: A lot of questions - 12/16/2014 5:37:20 PM   
navwarcol

I have had a plurality of other issues after reinstalling, posted to the tech support portion of the forum.

(in reply to navwarcol)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> A lot of questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI