Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Market Garden

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Market Garden Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Market Garden - 11/24/2014 7:27:39 PM   
zakblood

any chance of some pictures of this battle, units and map etc, pretty please
Post #: 1
RE: Market Garden - 11/24/2014 7:56:11 PM   
RedLancer

Spoiler Alert!

Here is a screenshot of the very start of Westwall T1 showing the Market Garden DZs (Blue hexes) and the Axis dispositions with no FOW.

Like the Bulge to the Rhine scenario in Westwall the Market Garden operation is just the starting turn or two of a longer 12 turn scenario. For those who want to try something different you can retarget your airborne forces on T1.

When we wrote Westwall we wanted to make it a logistical problem solving scenario for those wanting to learn the nuances of the WitW logistic's system. As the Allies you start at the end of your logistic chain and solving that issue quickly is a vital part of the strategy.

Attachment (1)

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 2
RE: Market Garden - 11/24/2014 8:23:10 PM   
zakblood

ty

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 3
RE: Market Garden - 11/24/2014 8:28:35 PM   
zakblood

so from this then i can play this as a scenario?

or is it a smaller part of something bigger etc?

as i'm after a single battle sim of this is possible, as it's a hobby of mine since i was 12 tbh, when i was told i'm part polish on my mothers side as her real farther fought in the battle and died....

so own as many version of it i can find, starting from the spectrum 48k / 128k version on cassette then micro drive, and haven't looked back since, so any game which has had this battle in it, i have found and bought it, so far....

this was always going to be a buy, even before this tbh, now it just makes it more so

< Message edited by zakblood -- 11/24/2014 9:29:16 PM >

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 4
RE: Market Garden - 11/24/2014 8:46:35 PM   
RedLancer

The scenario starts with Market Garden in the north but the whole scenario stretches south to the swiss border.

With the week long turns accurately reproducing Market Garden is at the very limit of what can be achieved using the WitW game engine. You could trim the scenario in the editor to just the Market Garden area but it may not be worth the effort.

The strength of Westwall is in trying Market Garden and then trying other strategies. An airdrop behind the Westwall, focusing logistic effort with one Army (perhaps Patton) or opening Antwerp as soon as possible.

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 5
RE: Market Garden - 11/24/2014 8:49:06 PM   
zakblood

ok ty, as the troops are there same as the map already, same as the editor tbh, it's not as if i'd have to do the whole thing from scratch, so it's possible and very doable for me then, many thanks...

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Market Garden Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI