Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The End of Days - October 1945

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> The End of Days - October 1945 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The End of Days - October 1945 - 11/1/2014 11:06:48 PM   
vettim89

Previous thread

So much to say here. Larry and I have been at it for some time and yes, we got to Fall 1945. First how did we get here:

About two years ago I was struck with some health issues most notably severe sleep apnea. This affected a lot of things including my participation in this forum. Larry and I kept chugging along with turns even through this. To say my play was less than inspired would be an understatement. I got hung up for three months in 1944 fighting for Truk. That is a mistake I will not repeat. Too much effort for very little gain. When I whipped teh IJN in November 1943 I was a little unprepared. I had forces prepped for hopping up through the Bismarks and prep time hindered my ability to exploit that victory. Through 1944 I fought for Truk and moved across the northern coast of New Guinea. I took Kwajalein, Eniwetok, and Wake. I hit the IJN hard again at Wake knocking out four more CVs outright.

In late 1944 I took the Celebes, Mindanao and the Horn of Borneo thus cutting off the DEI from the HI. Meanwhile, SE ASIA command came across country to take Bangkok then spread South and East to take Indochina (all of it). I avoided the Marianas as my opponent had over 70k on each of the main islands. This makes two games in a row where I did not take those targets. This did have the effect of preventing Strategic Bombing until mid 1945.

During 1945 I worked up through the Philippines taking all but three bases by mid year. SE Asia moved through Malaysia and took Singapore in September. I Landed on Formosa in late August and now hold all but the last base.

I will detail where we are in the following posts

"We have met the enemy and they are ours" - Commodore O.H. Perry
Post #: 1
RE: The End of Days - October 1945 - 11/1/2014 11:08:23 PM   
vettim89

Malaya.

The French reinforcements have arrived and are now garrisoning the area. The rest of SE Asia command is slowly moving to Nanning where it will strike into China.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to vettim89)
Post #: 2
RE: The End of Days - October 1945 - 11/1/2014 11:11:05 PM   
vettim89

China

The Chinese are poised to strike south while the Commonwealth strikes East. Biggest issue here is to keep troops pinned down so as to not interfere with the Sovs up north. There are six IJA units of about 1800 AS pinned in North-Central China. They will be reduced once I am sure supplies have run out

Attachment (1)

(in reply to vettim89)
Post #: 3
RE: The End of Days - October 1945 - 11/1/2014 11:14:10 PM   
vettim89

East China Sea

Formosa is in mop up mode. I am forming up AMPH TF right now to hit the bases between Okinawa and Formosa. I have troops fully prepped for all the Ryuku Islands also. I plan to slowly whittle away Japanese LBA with Superforts over the next two weeks (we have a HR preventing night bombing if the moon is less than 50% - an agreement I regret right now)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to vettim89)
Post #: 4
RE: The End of Days - October 1945 - 11/1/2014 11:16:29 PM   
vettim89

PI

Except for a few stragglers we have cleaned up everything here. Large numbers of troops prepping for China and the Ryukus. In addition the airbases in Norhtern Luzon are all about up to max build which will let me move my B-29s up. FYI, I have not dropped an A-Bomb as of yet.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to vettim89)
Post #: 5
RE: The End of Days - October 1945 - 11/1/2014 11:19:37 PM   
vettim89

Manchuria

The Sovs had had their way in the open country but are bogged down in the forests. I have 4-5 to 1 AS advantage at all the strong points. Just will take a couple of weeks of game time to reduce these enemy road blocks. I have a strong force heading West to cross the Chinese frontier. Once some of these strong points fall, I will divert even more AS that direction

Attachment (1)

(in reply to vettim89)
Post #: 6
RE: The End of Days - October 1945 - 11/1/2014 11:21:41 PM   
vettim89

Forgot to grab a screen shot of the score. It is roughly 95k to 49k at the moment. Will grab a shot next turn.

I am happy to ask any questions on the game. I just wanted to post because very few games get this far.

Oh, DBB Scenario 29 without the extended map of stacking restrictions as this game started before those mods came out

(in reply to vettim89)
Post #: 7
RE: The End of Days - October 1945 - 11/2/2014 1:10:38 AM   
obvert

Very cool to see. Let us know how it goes as you move forward. You should see some pretty tough Japanese planes around about now.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to vettim89)
Post #: 8
RE: The End of Days - October 1945 - 11/2/2014 10:07:22 PM   
vettim89

AS promised, the score page. Obvert, the Frank-R are particularly tough

Attachment (1)

(in reply to vettim89)
Post #: 9
RE: The End of Days - October 1945 - 11/3/2014 1:26:41 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: vettim89

To say my play was less than inspired would be an understatement

Looking at the position you are in and the scoreboard contradicts your humble statement above.
I think you are doing well!

Hope your health issues are all under control now!

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to vettim89)
Post #: 10
RE: The End of Days - October 1945 - 11/3/2014 2:24:21 AM   
Sangeli

Very interested in a post Soviet invasion AAR. Subscribed.

< Message edited by Sangeli -- 11/3/2014 3:28:00 AM >

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 11
RE: The End of Days - October 1945 - 11/3/2014 7:56:17 AM   
obvert

quote:

ORIGINAL: vettim89

AS promised, the score page. Obvert, the Frank-R are particularly tough

They are! The Ki-83 are the best I was able to use, so if you haven't seen those in numbers yet, beware. Sweeping at range 13/16 they're monsters.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to vettim89)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> The End of Days - October 1945 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI