Hi apbarog, welcome to the Allied side!
I think you'll enjoy this game - DBB-B #28 is great, also the extended map & stacking limits. And you'll dig the beta, it adds good functionality to game screens.
Here's some things you might want to know:
- 2-3 useful NavSupport BaseForces in the Philippines need to evac to Darwin & Perth. In general, get your BaseForces out!
- Some several base hexes in North Oz can be bought to ABDA Command for 50-80 PP each, then KNIL airgroups can fly to them. Some several Dutch BFs are distributed amongst various islands, these guys are fragments of larger units. They can be bought out of Restricted status & evac'ed to Oz, then re-combined into respectably-sized BFs. The Dutch Navy has some several decent Aux/Support ships, including light ARD's, but they're all deadly slow & need to head South right away. You have v. limited PPs to spend, but you may find it worthwhile to spend them on rescuing Dutch BFs & airgroups, to create a DEW-line from North Oz bases.
- Review your Pearl Harbor Industry, it's likely that the shipyard took some damage on 07Dec, turn its Repair ON if needed. wrt BB Maryland, I agree w/ BBfanboy - the only thing you can do is replace her captain w/ the highest NavSkill captain you can get (high Nav gives good damage control). Leave her disbanded in port, but land her floatplanes (use the port's 'Show ships under repair' button to get to a ship's embarked airgroup, the 'Manage ships under repair' button doesn't give you access to an embarked airgroup). Your latest post indicates that she's likely not to survive, perhaps it's time to consider use of the Scuttlebutton, which will decrease (by 10%?) the amnt of VP her loss will give to your opponent.
- DBB-B#28 gives you a lot of merchies based in the DEI, no doubt lots of them are fleeing to Oz or India or Cape Town. Review all these TFs, make sure they're set to 'Do Not Refuel' when they arrive. It's going to take months to build your off-map ports to their max size & ship in the needed fuel. Meanwhile, don't let arriving refugees glom the limited fuel stocks, especially at Cape Town. Start organizing CS Convoys from USA EC and CanalZone Christobal to carry fuel to Cape Town, even if you have to use xAKs at half-load. Don't let Cape Town run dry of fuel! And also too, don't forget to refuel these merchies as they load to carry supply to on-map bases. It's really maddening to send off a TranTF from CT to Oz, then find them burning their engines out in mid-ocean when they've run out of fuel!
- in the at-start forces of DBB-B #28, there's about 20 xAPs & 6 xAKs that can convert to APA/AKA in early '42. It's fair important that you identify these ships, and only give them low-risk missions. Get them disbanded to a shipyard port in good time to start their conversions. They'll be the nucleus of an eventual hugeous fleet of Amph-capable ships, & you won't want to lose them early.
wrt your house-rules, what's the deal w/ "PPs paid to change theatres" ? What's the exact definition? I assume we're referring to units defined as (R) or [R], and that they must be bought out, using PPs, to an unrestricted command. I also assume that this involves some 'self-policing' & req's some strict definitions. Say I've got an Indian InfDiv that's attached to a restricted command. The game won't let me load this unit onto a TF, but I can Move or Strat-Move it to any accessible land-location. Does the HR req that this LCU must be 'bought out' before it crosses a national border? & what if that border is 'friendly' (India units moving to Burma, or Manchukuo units moving into China? I gotta admit, I don't understand this HR.
another thing is your HR wrt Night-Bombing, which I gather is still under negotiation. I got a decent idea from an AAR, that Night-bombing orders were tied to the expected moonlight. Say, if moonlight was 25%, then only a maximum of 25 night-bombers could be tasked against each target. As time goes by, increased night-bomber action could be allowed, & Allied B-29 night raids could be allowed 'unrestricted' (perhaps after their historical 1st-use).
Have a great game, I'm looking forward to reading this AAR.