Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

no one migrating to new colonies

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> no one migrating to new colonies Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
no one migrating to new colonies - 10/22/2014 3:20:07 PM   
inyasha23

i have over 20 worlds with under 100 million people i have the policy set to "do not accept" because i don't want any aliens at my colony, only my race.

my home world has 22 billion people and the tax rate is 60% with -15 happiness but no one wants to go to the fresh new worlds with 0% tax rate.
Post #: 1
RE: no one migrating to new colonies - 10/22/2014 6:02:43 PM   
Aeson

There's a setting in empire policies that can affect how passenger ships are used. Check on it and make certain that it's not heavily weighted towards tourism.

Also, do you have a valid passenger ship design? Has the private sector built any? Does the private sector have any money to build them, if it hasn't built any? If you have some, what are they doing - taking tourists to resorts, or transporting migrants?

(in reply to inyasha23)
Post #: 2
RE: no one migrating to new colonies - 10/22/2014 6:30:07 PM   
inyasha23

yes i have 58 passenger ships right now, i designed then to transport 24 million people

the privet sector is rolling in money, they have almost 50 million dollars in cash and have a cash-flow of 700K. all of the passenger ship do is transport tourist, i have tourism set to normal. when i turn tourism off the passenger ships just don't do anything at all

< Message edited by inyasha23 -- 10/22/2014 7:32:10 PM >

(in reply to Aeson)
Post #: 3
RE: no one migrating to new colonies - 10/25/2014 10:45:54 AM   
Paxta

Any news on this topic?

I saw this behavior only after messing with the race files.

quote:

'Expanding: indicates whether this race will colonize new planets or not (Y/N). Set this to 'N' to create a static empire that does not colonize
Expanding ;Y/N
=> set to "N" and p-ships won´t transport migrants. Just an idea,...

Maybe someone knows how to stop a race from forming a independent colony (start/ingame)??

Also in the policy settings under Economy/Trade there´s an entry called "exploration". Somebody knows what exactly this is for?

Aaaaand, in the race file, the point "migration factor". Does it control external races coming in or my race going out, or maybe both?

< Message edited by Paxta -- 10/25/2014 11:48:36 AM >

(in reply to inyasha23)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> no one migrating to new colonies Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI