Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Suggestion: Global On/Off for Mission Graphics

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Suggestion: Global On/Off for Mission Graphics Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Suggestion: Global On/Off for Mission Graphics - 10/16/2014 6:24:48 PM   
scottb613

Hi Folks,

OK - so I'm full of suggestions...

Mission Graphics: I'd like to see a Global On/Off switch for Mission Graphics... I think it would be helpful to see all the mission graphics laid out before you in a single shot - so you can quickly see how each area relates to the overall big picture... If you could intoduce mission names with the view of the graphics all the better...

Reference Points - I'm chronically introducing reference points to missions that are unwanted... I'll miss a reference point or serries of reference points selected on a different part of the screen - and - they get inadvertently added to the mission I'm creating... I'd like to see a more windows standard of [Shift], [Alt], or [Ctrl] click to select multiple reference points - a normal single click should select only a single reference point... So if I single click a reference point I know this is the only point selected...

Define Area - I'd like to be prompted for a name when I select Define Area... This name would be used as the root of the reference point name and a unique number should be assigned randomly (much as it is now) as the other part of the name... All reference points in this Defined Region would use this naming convention... In addition - we should be able to make any shape desired and not be limited to simple rectangles... The way I would envision Define Area to work would be to - select Define Area - give it the desired name - now a single click would add any number of new reference points using the assigned naming convention to create any desired polygon - when done a double click should end the Define Area function... This would be similar to how we create polygons in many of the graphics packages used to create images...

Anyway - just my humble suggestions to hopefully improve a great simulation...

Regards,
Scott

< Message edited by scottb613 -- 10/16/2014 7:35:50 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Suggestion: Global On/Off for Mission Graphics - 10/17/2014 11:23:15 AM   
Flef

quote:

ORIGINAL: scottb613

Hi Folks,

OK - so I'm full of suggestions...

Mission Graphics: I'd like to see a Global On/Off switch for Mission Graphics... I think it would be helpful to see all the mission graphics laid out before you in a single shot - so you can quickly see how each area relates to the overall big picture... If you could intoduce mission names with the view of the graphics all the better...

Good idea. Will it be possible to load several background pictures too in one action? It is painful to load each pictures individually.

quote:

Reference Points - I'm chronically introducing reference points to missions that are unwanted... I'll miss a reference point or serries of reference points selected on a different part of the screen - and - they get inadvertently added to the mission I'm creating... I'd like to see a more windows standard of [Shift], [Alt], or [Ctrl] click to select multiple reference points - a normal single click should select only a single reference point... So if I single click a reference point I know this is the only point selected...

+1.

quote:

Define Area - I'd like to be prompted for a name when I select Define Area... This name would be used as the root of the reference point name and a unique number should be assigned randomly (much as it is now) as the other part of the name... All reference points in this Defined Region would use this naming convention...

+1
I admit it is painful to rename each RP-10456XXXX in something meaningful.

quote:

In addition - we should be able to make any shape desired and not be limited to simple rectangles... The way I would envision Define Area to work would be to - select Define Area - give it the desired name - now a single click would add any number of new reference points using the assigned naming convention to create any desired polygon - when done a double click should end the Define Area function... This would be similar to how we create polygons in many of the graphics packages used to create images...

Anyway - just my humble suggestions to hopefully improve a great simulation...

As an example (on a CAD software) because if we start to draw complex shapes, we need some functionalities ;)
How does it works in a popular CAD software to draw a line with multiple segments ?

(in reply to scottb613)
Post #: 2
RE: Suggestion: Global On/Off for Mission Graphics - 10/17/2014 11:19:36 PM   
scottb613

Hi - Thanks...

Yeah - just a screenshot of the Mission Graphics I spoke of...

Regards,
Scott

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Flef)
Post #: 3
RE: Suggestion: Global On/Off for Mission Graphics - 10/17/2014 11:25:29 PM   
snowburn

its a great idea! i would like to see it ingame

(in reply to scottb613)
Post #: 4
RE: Suggestion: Global On/Off for Mission Graphics - 10/18/2014 12:59:28 AM   
CassioM

All ideas are good. Especially the first one.

Along the mission graphics, we could also include markings on the scenarios we've played.

On the old game Jane's Fleet Command existed this feature. When we play and win a scenario, its title changes color and earns an mark when concluded. This resource it is very good to remember those scenarios we've won and which are still missing to be concluded.

We also could include the scenario status. When we won a scenario or loses on it, appears "Triumph", "Average", "Minor defeat", "Disaster", among others along the scenario name on the selection menu.

# Excuse my poor english #

(in reply to snowburn)
Post #: 5
RE: Suggestion: Global On/Off for Mission Graphics - 10/18/2014 1:08:04 AM   
Casinn

I'd like to see an "Install Latest Community Scenario Pack" button on the Launcher, at least it would be useful then. ;)

Not sure if Matrix wants to host those though.

(in reply to CassioM)
Post #: 6
RE: Suggestion: Global On/Off for Mission Graphics - 10/18/2014 4:13:55 AM   
Gandalf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Casinn

I'd like to see an "Install Latest Community Scenario Pack" button on the Launcher, at least it would be useful then. ;)

Not sure if Matrix wants to host those though.

Nah, It would still be "Ad Pushing"

I delete the Launcher(s) from every Matrix Game as soon as they are installed along with any other non-specific game files stuffed within the subfolders.

I prefer my games installations to be about the games themselves and not contain advertisements about other games. I'll read about those games myself and decide whether to purchase or not based on my own research, not pushy ads. By the way "pushy ads" tend to push me away from buying those games because one has to wonder "WHY" it is being hyped!

< Message edited by Gandalf -- 10/18/2014 5:14:38 AM >

(in reply to Casinn)
Post #: 7
RE: Suggestion: Global On/Off for Mission Graphics - 10/18/2014 12:31:16 PM   
scottb613

Ditto - find ha first screen pretty annoying as well...

Regards,
Scott

(in reply to Gandalf)
Post #: 8
RE: Suggestion: Global On/Off for Mission Graphics - 10/18/2014 2:07:51 PM   
mikmykWS

Hi guys

I updated an existing request for mission graphics and added requests for: changes to ref point selection, improvement of define area function, improving the load scenario dialog and adding a load community scenario button to the launcher.

Thanks for thinking of this stuff! It really does help us.

Mike

(in reply to scottb613)
Post #: 9
RE: Suggestion: Global On/Off for Mission Graphics - 10/18/2014 2:45:43 PM   
scottb613

Hi Mike,

I've been on forums since dial up BBS's with 1200 baud modems - I have to say your efforts around here to keep everyone happy have been unsurpassed... It's great having an active dialog with the developer... Thanks for all you do as well...

PS: Just changed all my shortcuts to bypass the Matrix Ad Screen - much better now...

Regards,
Scott

< Message edited by scottb613 -- 10/18/2014 4:03:24 PM >

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Suggestion: Global On/Off for Mission Graphics Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI