Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

migration based on reputation

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> migration based on reputation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
migration based on reputation - 10/9/2014 9:00:59 PM   
inyasha23

say an empires reputation is nasty, their known for attacking peacefully worlds and races, exterminating and making literal mountains of corpses and enjoy killing in cruel unspeakable ways.

no one would migrate to such a place in fact their would be huge emigration/refugees from worlds that are close to the evil empire they don't want to be its next victims.

its extremely annoying when i have exterminated 10s of billions of people and destroyed dozens of worlds and their are still people immigrating to my empire, even though im known to exterminate on many worlds.
Post #: 1
RE: migration based on reputation - 10/10/2014 12:22:11 PM   
Jeeves

If you don't want them, change your passenger ships to a custom design with just one standard passenger bay and make it very slow with reduced engines, maybe also give it just one fuel tank so it's always out of fuel, and finally give it the slowest warp drive you have. Hmm, I also realized you could give it just one fission reactor so it has no energy, no shield or armor, just the smallest and most tech obsolete design you can have, Then every time one builds, give it away to a pirate gang or another empire LOL>

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay

(in reply to inyasha23)
Post #: 2
RE: migration based on reputation - 10/10/2014 2:42:48 PM   
ASHBERY76

I agree many of population factors make no sense .I would like to see external faction migration as a political treaty.

< Message edited by ASHBERY76 -- 10/10/2014 3:44:05 PM >

(in reply to Jeeves)
Post #: 3
RE: migration based on reputation - 10/10/2014 3:58:48 PM   
inyasha23

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeeves

If you don't want them, change your passenger ships to a custom design with just one standard passenger bay and make it very slow with reduced engines, maybe also give it just one fuel tank so it's always out of fuel, and finally give it the slowest warp drive you have. Hmm, I also realized you could give it just one fission reactor so it has no energy, no shield or armor, just the smallest and most tech obsolete design you can have, Then every time one builds, give it away to a pirate gang or another empire LOL>

Lonnie Courtney Clay

that's not what i was trying to say

its just common sense that any person would have, don't migrate somewhere where your very likely to be killed or enslaved.

i would also really like more specific options on the colony policies, not just blanket statements that any race cant come or exterminate all races, but be able to chose a specific race to target for enslavement/extermination and if that race is being treated badly they wont want to come to that empire

it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to code in

(in reply to Jeeves)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> migration based on reputation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI