Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Why is Frontline The Longest Day only on the IPAD?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Why is Frontline The Longest Day only on the IPAD? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why is Frontline The Longest Day only on the IPAD? - 9/29/2014 10:26:32 PM   
aaatoysandmore

Why did you make that game only for the Ipad? Do you have any intention of making a PC version? A huge D-Day game would be nice or something in the Western Theater like WitE. I'm resorting to playing an old commodore 64 game Crusade in Europe to get my D-Day fix. How is Battles in Normandy? What level of units does it use? I want a game with The Big Red One division in it.
Post #: 1
RE: Why is Frontline The Longest Day only on the IPAD? - 9/30/2014 12:56:36 AM   
Challerain

From the announcement

The game is now ready to enter the beta phase on iPad, iPhone and PC. And we invite you to help us test it! By signing up for the beta, you will have a chance to visit the Normandy beaches before release and help us with the final touches, ensuring a smooth release on iOS and PC later this year.

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 2
RE: Why is Frontline The Longest Day only on the IPAD? - 9/30/2014 1:00:33 AM   
MrsWargamer

Battles in Normandy is quite good actually. I also think you might want to look at the Tiller Normandy title as well.

(in reply to Challerain)
Post #: 3
RE: Why is Frontline The Longest Day only on the IPAD? - 9/30/2014 2:07:21 AM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: Challerain

From the announcement

The game is now ready to enter the beta phase on iPad, iPhone and PC. And we invite you to help us test it! By signing up for the beta, you will have a chance to visit the Normandy beaches before release and help us with the final touches, ensuring a smooth release on iOS and PC later this year.

Thanks Challerain I somehow overlooked that about the PC. I would have been upset if it wasn't on the PC too as you can see.

(in reply to Challerain)
Post #: 4
RE: Why is Frontline The Longest Day only on the IPAD? - 9/30/2014 2:09:21 AM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrsWargamer

Battles in Normandy is quite good actually. I also think you might want to look at the Tiller Normandy title as well.

Battles in Normandy has too many bright colors for me. I need a map like D-Day by Avalon Hill. Just some plain white hexes with a FEW terrain hexes. It's one reason I don't play it in TOAW III (well the battle of the bulge one anyways) the colors are too bright.

Got a link to Tiller Normandy and are the colors less bright?

(in reply to MrsWargamer)
Post #: 5
RE: Why is Frontline The Longest Day only on the IPAD? - 9/30/2014 12:06:53 PM   
MrsWargamer

Well Tiller's products are not as bright per se :)

But you likely want to buy it from NWS if you are interested and if they have it. Otherwise I suppose HPS would still have it. Well it would seem likely they would have it. It's where it is from :)

Tiller's games generally all look pretty much the same, same ole interface, same ole graphics, same ole sounds. They are certainly not bland like the board games of the 70s, but yeah, the Battles in series sure liked to use colour :)

Post #: 6
RE: Why is Frontline The Longest Day only on the IPAD? - 9/30/2014 7:20:13 PM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrsWargamer

Well Tiller's products are not as bright per se :)

But you likely want to buy it from NWS if you are interested and if they have it. Otherwise I suppose HPS would still have it. Well it would seem likely they would have it. It's where it is from :)

Tiller's games generally all look pretty much the same, same ole interface, same ole graphics, same ole sounds. They are certainly not bland like the board games of the 70s, but yeah, the Battles in series sure liked to use colour :)

yeah this http://ep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-12000246778232/panzer-campaigns-series-multiple-title-selections-1.gif looks like what i want graphics are pretty basic and plain. Thanks Mrswargamer

(in reply to MrsWargamer)
Post #: 7
RE: Why is Frontline The Longest Day only on the IPAD? - 10/1/2014 3:42:13 PM   
Ostwindflak

For a tactical level Normandy game there is always Combat Mission: Battle For Normandy. It sounds like you are looking for a grand strategy game that covers the invasion though. Thought I would share that game with you if you hadn't heard of it before.

Post #: 8
RE: Why is Frontline The Longest Day only on the IPAD? - 10/1/2014 4:09:38 PM   
gradenko2k

quote:

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore
Battles in Normandy has too many bright colors for me. I need a map like D-Day by Avalon Hill. Just some plain white hexes with a FEW terrain hexes. It's one reason I don't play it in TOAW III (well the battle of the bulge one anyways) the colors are too bright.

This is what John Tiller's Normandy 44 looks like:

Post #: 9
RE: Why is Frontline The Longest Day only on the IPAD? - 10/1/2014 5:02:19 PM   
Twotribes

How good can a PC game be if it plays on an IPAD as well?

Post #: 10
RE: Why is Frontline The Longest Day only on the IPAD? - 10/1/2014 7:28:13 PM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: gradenko_2000

quote:

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

This is what John Tiller's Normandy 44 looks like:

Yeah I like that much better than the SSG one. I can see those units clearly.

(in reply to gradenko2k)
Post #: 11
RE: Why is Frontline The Longest Day only on the IPAD? - 10/1/2014 7:29:53 PM   
gradenko2k

Having to make your game on an iPad, or compatible with an iPad has the potential of making it better than a dedicated PC game because you cannot make the same assumptions with regards to interface and control mechanics. Battle of the Bulge and the other Crisis in Command games are some of the best wargames to come out in recent years because the designers couldn't bury things in menus behind menus and they had to keep the mechanics relatively abstract (to the point that you could actually play out Crisis in Command as a boardgame).

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 12
RE: Why is Frontline The Longest Day only on the IPAD? - 10/1/2014 7:30:05 PM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ostwindflak

For a tactical level Normandy game there is always Combat Mission: Battle For Normandy. It sounds like you are looking for a grand strategy game that covers the invasion though. Thought I would share that game with you if you hadn't heard of it before.

Yeah I want something like D-Day that Avalon Hill made long time ago. You got to select invasion points yourself though, never always had to land at normandy. I like the whatif aspects of it.

(in reply to Ostwindflak)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Why is Frontline The Longest Day only on the IPAD? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI