Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

if no oil

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF School >> if no oil Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
if no oil - 9/29/2014 2:10:01 AM   
freeboy

It seems the hardest thing for me early on in my learning curve is keeping troops organized.
HQ too, so if I do not use oil rules will they all flip if in supply? IE become organized at the end of the last impulse in a turn? im lost here.
also
When I move sometimes the units flip, why?
Is there a trick to use transport air units to flip units?
special thanks to the posters who mentioned using a second monitor.. great idea it really does help ...
Post #: 1
RE: if no oil - 9/29/2014 4:01:02 AM   
Courtenay

quote:

ORIGINAL: freeboy

It seems the hardest thing for me early on in my learning curve is keeping troops organized.
HQ too, so if I do not use oil rules will they all flip if in supply? IE become organized at the end of the last impulse in a turn? im lost here.
also
When I move sometimes the units flip, why?
Is there a trick to use transport air units to flip units?
special thanks to the posters who mentioned using a second monitor.. great idea it really does help ...

Yes. If you do not use oil, all units will reorganize at the end of the turn. If one is not using option 47 (which is currently not coded, so you aren't), all units will reorganize, whether or not they are in supply.

You may move a unit into a hex if the unit has any movement points remaining. If the movement point cost to enter a hex is more than the number of movement points you have left, the unit will be disorganized after entering the hex. For example, in rain, storm or blizzard weather, which doubles movement point costs, moving any unit with a movement allowance of less than four into a mountain will flip the unit. If it is a motorized unit, it will need speed six. In any weather, any unit other than speed five cavalry units will flip moving into a swamp. (Assuming you are using motorized movement costs, which everyone should.)

I don't know what you mean by a trick. One can use air transports to reorganize units, just as one can use TRSs and AMPHs and HQs. This is done, not surprisingly, in the air reorganization step of the sequence of play, which is after the air rebase step and before the HQ reorganization step. This is an air mission, and uses an air operation just as most other air missions do.

I thought I knew how to play this game....

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 2
RE: if no oil - 9/29/2014 1:17:28 PM   
composer99

quote:

If one is not using option 47 (which is currently not coded, so you aren't), all units will reorganize, whether or not they are in supply.

I should just like to clarify, for those less familiar with the rules than Courtenay, that an isolated unit is more than simply out of supply. An isolated unit is a unit that cannot trace a basic supply path to an eligible source even if it was of unlimited length (recall that for calculating supply, a basic supply path is 2, 3, or 4 hexes depending on weather).

< Message edited by composer99 -- 9/29/2014 2:19:49 PM >

~ Composer99

(in reply to Courtenay)
Post #: 3
RE: if no oil - 9/29/2014 6:45:30 PM   
freeboy

right, I get the supply out of supply isolated .. not a new conceit.. Really the game is well organized, its sometimes I think, oh this will happen, like the air tranny reorg... and yes I did not sabve an air mission!
lots of little things that will come in time, Im doing a modified war.. starting with set up for and ignoring most of the theatres simply as a learning tool fighting in the east... most makes sence.

follow up, can I attack with minor allies, oops, aligned nations at the same time as major power in the same attack?

(in reply to composer99)
Post #: 4
RE: if no oil - 9/29/2014 7:24:30 PM   
paulderynck

Once a nation aligns with you, you can treat its units as your own and attack with them by themselves or in concert with your units. There are some caveats in terms of both the cooperation (see section 18) and the re-org (see section 11.18) rules.

Paul

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF School >> if no oil Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI