Question on steam vs store

Pandora: First Contact is a science-fiction turn-based strategy game of epic scale. The player leads his chosen human faction over multiple centuries on a newly discovered earth-like planet into an unknown future. Pandora features research, diplomacy, economy, warfare and endless replayability with the exploration of exciting and randomly-generated worlds.

Moderator: MOD_Proxy Studios

ezelkow1

Question on steam vs store

Post by ezelkow1 »

If I buy the game on steam is it basically the CE edition that gets the expansions as well? Or do I have to buy the game on the matrix games store to get the CE version, i.e. I get new codes for expansions?
Wolfe1759

RE: Question on steam vs store

Post by Wolfe1759 »

For Matrix games a Collector's Edition basically means that if you buy a boxed version of the game you will get a full colour manual, the game is no different. For Pandora if you want the new expansion you will still have to buy it separately.

Unless you really have to have a boxed edition of the game I would strongly advise against buying anything but the download version as there isn't actually a manual produced for the game, what they call a manual is only some fiction relating to the game and not a game manual.

P.S. just checked out the Steam store page for Pandora and there is also Pandora Collection listed (which might be what you are referring to) this might include both the base game and the new expansion but there is no description of what Pandora Collection is or includes so that is purely a guess.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Pandora Collection includes the new expansion.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Just to clarify on our site if you buy the base game you are offered the expansion at a reduced price that is equivalent to the bundle you get on Steam. We don't have a way to create bundles, only offer additional products to your cart. It's on the wish list but not available yet.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
brucemcl777

Post by brucemcl777 »

Sorry Iain - you've probably been asked this a million times but I'm vague on it. I'm going to buy Pandora and the exspansion today and I would prefer to do it on Matrix.

When I do can I get a steam key as well from Matrix or Slitherine included? And if I bought on steam is the reverse true as well do I get a matrix key? And lastly does this policy apply to all Matrix games that are cross sales on steam?

Ps. Hope you are enjoying yourself on the Steam forums. Somewhat less civilized than here eh?
you can always find me on Steam at
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/stratwin
Where we are all about Strategy - come join us - there my name is I'm Spartacus.

Order of Battle: Pacific fan
Morning Sun: beta tester
US Marines: beta tester

Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Highly recommend you buy from Matrix/Slitherine as you'll get their license key and can get your free Steam key. Don't believe the reverse is true.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
RockKahn

Post by RockKahn »

You're right. I bought Civil War II on Steam. Found out later from Matrix support that I couldn't get a Matrix serial number. Drat! Will never do that again.

So I would recommend buying it from Matrix and getting a Matrix serial number AND a Steam key if you want the game added to your Steam account.

I don't write Universal Law. I just live by it.
goodgimp

Post by goodgimp »

ORIGINAL: Webizen

Highly recommend you buy from Matrix/Slitherine as you'll get their license key and can get your free Steam key. Don't believe the reverse is true.

How does one go about getting their Steam key, if it's purchased through Matrix? I bought Pandora when it first came out, but would be much more convenient if I could add it to my steam library.
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Tac2i (formerly webizen)
brucemcl777

Post by brucemcl777 »

Thanks for the timely answer Webizen as it was the last day of the sale. I took your advice.
you can always find me on Steam at
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/stratwin
Where we are all about Strategy - come join us - there my name is I'm Spartacus.

Order of Battle: Pacific fan
Morning Sun: beta tester
US Marines: beta tester

Return to “Pandora Series”