Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is this all there is?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Is this all there is? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is this all there is? - 9/15/2014 11:04:40 AM   
GBS

I don't get it. Arjuna goes to the States and say he will be out of touch for a day or two. That was almost two weeks ago. Is he banned from posting on Matrix? There is no forum at Panther. It just brings you back here. All I want is for Arjuna or someone in the know to post a short message stating if there is or is not a future for this series and what it might be. Otherwise I might as well move on. Checking here and at Panther several times a day has become tedious.
I only post this because I am a fan.
Post #: 1
RE: Is this all there is? - 9/15/2014 1:55:14 PM   
jimcarravall

quote:

ORIGINAL: GBS

I don't get it. Arjuna goes to the States and say he will be out of touch for a day or two. That was almost two weeks ago. Is he banned from posting on Matrix? There is no forum at Panther. It just brings you back here. All I want is for Arjuna or someone in the know to post a short message stating if there is or is not a future for this series and what it might be. Otherwise I might as well move on. Checking here and at Panther several times a day has become tedious.
I only post this because I am a fan.

There is a future for the series. Work started on Command Ops 2 after the 4.6.279 patch was released for Command Ops.

The announcement of the termination of Matrix' distribution rights for Command Ops on October 31 and the pending announcement of a new distribution agreement with another publisher leaves details on how one could obtain Command Ops 2 in limbo.

Arjuna has posted to these forums following the announcement of the change from Matrix' distribution system, but he indicated he had promised not to use the Matrix Forums as a medium for announcing the change in distribution.

I understood Arjuna's trip to the US to be scheduled for several weeks and assume the silence is more attributed to him being away from his business headquarters (and reliant on hotel wifi bandwidth) than anything else.

Take care,

jim

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 2
RE: Is this all there is? - 9/15/2014 3:05:39 PM   
navwarcol

I agree with Jim. Arjuna has said that work on the next part is proceeding, many times... the fact he does not come on every couple of days to reassure his "fans" in no way implies that anything has changed.

< Message edited by navwarcol -- 9/15/2014 4:07:47 PM >

(in reply to jimcarravall)
Post #: 3
RE: Is this all there is? - 9/15/2014 3:15:03 PM   
Arjuna

OK just arrived back in the USA from a week in Canada. Sorry for not being in touch. Yes there is a future for Command Ops. I will endeavour to setup an interim public forum on our website this week. That should fill the need till our new publisher get's their forum updated for us. Stay tuned and don't despair. We haven't abandoned anyone. But please do note that I won't necessarily be available each day till I return to Oz mid October.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to navwarcol)
Post #: 4
RE: Is this all there is? - 9/15/2014 5:37:52 PM   
Arjuna

Interim forum now up on our website.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 5
RE: Is this all there is? - 9/15/2014 9:47:10 PM   
GBS

Great news. Thanks! I heading over to Panther.

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 6
RE: Is this all there is? - 9/16/2014 12:54:05 AM   
midgard30

Dave, I hope you liked Montreal, my hometown (no offense taken if you didn't ).

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 7
RE: Is this all there is? - 9/16/2014 2:57:24 AM   
Arjuna

Yes Montreal was lovely, though it turned cold and wet on the last two day. Took a tour of Ramsey House which was great. An interesting fact was that the first settlement in 1642 IIRC comprised jut 55 men and 2 women. Amazing when you consider they had to defend themselves for a year between shipments.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to midgard30)
Post #: 8
RE: Is this all there is? - 9/16/2014 10:28:08 AM   
Phoenix100

Must have been an interesting time for the two women....I hope they were sufficiently matriarchal.

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 9
RE: Is this all there is? - 9/16/2014 11:42:50 AM   
midgard30

Glad to hear that you liked it. The weather is actually, absolutely horrible, it feels like it's already November. Depressing...

quote:

Must have been an interesting time for the two women....I hope they were sufficiently matriarchal

Not so sure about that! And they weren't the only women living in these wild lands. The settlers probably wouldn't have survived without the help of aboriginal people. In the first years of the settlements, many freeze to death during winter.

< Message edited by macob30 -- 9/16/2014 1:06:21 PM >

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 10
RE: Is this all there is? - 9/16/2014 6:24:25 PM   
con

quote:

ORIGINAL: macob30

Dave, I hope you liked Montreal, my hometown (no offense taken if you didn't ).

You mean there are other things to do in Montreal apart from bachelor parties?

Con

(in reply to midgard30)
Post #: 11
RE: Is this all there is? - 9/16/2014 6:31:16 PM   
con

Just saw you were in Boston welcome to my hometown (weather is miserable here as well). I had to post this here since I was not able to post on the current interim website

If you are doing research I would highly recommend trying to see if you can visit this museum.

http://www.museumofworldwarii.com/

Its by invite only but they have an amazing array of artifacts and very knowledgeable guides/volunteers. I would try and give them a call to see if you can grab a space they might make room for you since you are visiting from Australia.

Conrad

(in reply to con)
Post #: 12
RE: Is this all there is? - 9/16/2014 10:26:55 PM   
midgard30

quote:

ORIGINAL: conradmaher
You mean there are other things to do in Montreal apart from bachelor parties?

Con

Lol! Still frustrated that in the last playoffs, we gave the Bruins a lesson they won't forget?

(in reply to con)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Is this all there is? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI