Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Newbie questions about Terror of Rome

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Alea Jacta Est Series >> Newbie questions about Terror of Rome Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Newbie questions about Terror of Rome - 9/2/2014 12:18:08 AM   
FroBodine

I am trying to play my first campaign in this game. I have very little experience with AGEOD games, but I am really trying to learn.

1. When I click on the supply filter, most of my territories are green. Some of them are flashing green. What do the flashing regions mean? I have not seen any other colors with flashing regions, but if other colors can also flash, what does that mean too?

2. I am playing the First Illyrian War - 230 BC campaign. All of my stacks have a little padlock symbol at the top of their army card on the map. What does this mean? I assume it means they cannot take an action, because when I try to move them, they just jump right back to their original spot and don't move. Why are they locked, and how do I unlock my stacks so I can move them? All I can do is move units out of the city onto the region.

That's all I have for now. Thanks! I will probably add more qeustions as I get into it. But, so far, I can't even do a turn because everyone is locked.
Post #: 1
RE: Newbie questions about Terror of Rome - 9/2/2014 2:10:18 PM   
FroBodine

42 views, and nobody knows? Bummer.

(in reply to FroBodine)
Post #: 2
RE: Newbie questions about Terror of Rome - 9/2/2014 2:23:22 PM   
jack54

AJE uses the 'simple supply system' a little different than the Ageod titles I'm use to but the green areas mean that supple can travel through them. Red means no supple gets through them.

The blinking areas are usually a supply source or depot that draws supply to it. If you travel far from these areas your supply will suffer.
Supply carts (impedimenta) can be sent back to these areas to re-stock. (I believe you can build more depots by sacrificing supply wagons.)

There are 2 lock symbols. The lock symbol that is on the unit picture means that the unit is 'locked in place'. The tool tip will tell you how long. If they are attacked they will unlock....sometimes events will unlock them.

The other lock symbol is on the stack tab... this is done by the player by right clicking on the TAB; this locks the stack so you don't accidently merge stacks together when dragging and dropping but they can still move..

Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)

(in reply to FroBodine)
Post #: 3
RE: Newbie questions about Terror of Rome - 9/2/2014 5:25:23 PM   
FroBodine

Hmm, I wonder if I right clicked and locked everything by accident? There certainly is nothing in the tooltip that tells me when they will unlock.

I will check when I get home from work! But, they were still unable to move, so maybe this isn't it. The lock symbol was on the top of the stack icon that is on the map.

< Message edited by jglazier -- 9/2/2014 6:26:13 PM >

(in reply to jack54)
Post #: 4
RE: Newbie questions about Terror of Rome - 9/2/2014 7:09:16 PM   
jack54

quote:

ORIGINAL: jglazier

Hmm, I wonder if I right clicked and locked everything by accident? There certainly is nothing in the tooltip that tells me when they will unlock.

I will check when I get home from work! But, they were still unable to move, so maybe this isn't it. The lock symbol was on the top of the stack icon that is on the map.

I doubt it they would still be able to move...this is something I find challenging about AJE it takes some time to figure out who's actually doing the fighting in a given scenario. Another mistake I have made is having 1 locked unit in a stack... this immobilizes the whole stack...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by jack54 -- 9/2/2014 8:13:47 PM >

Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)

(in reply to FroBodine)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Alea Jacta Est Series >> Newbie questions about Terror of Rome Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI