Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Auto-detection of facilities OFF

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Auto-detection of facilities OFF Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Auto-detection of facilities OFF - 8/14/2014 5:47:20 PM   
Randomizer

A caution for Scenario Authors. Ensure that all facilities that you do not wish to be auto-detected have Auto-Detect OFF before running the scenario for any time. There are lots of reasons why a scenario author may wish to run a scenario under development and reset the start time but any facilities that are auto-detected when the scenario is run even for one-second will remain auto-detected forever.

The solution is to ensure that all facilities that are to be invisible have auto-detect OFF before running the scenario at all. This particularly applies to single-unit airfields, which are essentially invisible when auto-detect is OFF but display like other facilities when auto-detect is ON.

Should this happen to you, the only thing that seems to work is deleting the offending facility and creating a replacement facility but this also deletes the contents of that facility and any aircraft assigned to missions that may have called the facility home. Just turning off Auto-Detect and moving the offending facility does not work as the game "remembers" the original location in both editor and game sessions. This not dropping moved facilities may be a bug but if so it's minor and easily avoidable. For an example of this see my Wargasm-1962 scenario and find the PVO Petropavlosk AB single-unit airfield (amongst several others - D'oh).

Posting this here because overall, things may be working as intended and this may be a function of how the scenario editor is designed.

-C
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Auto-detection of facilities OFF Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI