Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Scenario: Growler vs. Growler (2014)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> New Scenario: Growler vs. Growler (2014) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Scenario: Growler vs. Growler (2014) - 7/26/2014 6:33:53 PM   
Coiler12

The high-powered SAM called the Growler faces off against the high-powered EW plane called the-Growler.

Thoughts are welcome.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: New Scenario: Growler vs. Growler (2014) - 7/26/2014 9:40:45 PM   
Primarchx

Managed to get in close enough to knock out all the radars at the cost of 2 a/c at very close range.

(in reply to Coiler12)
Post #: 2
RE: New Scenario: Growler vs. Growler (2014) - 7/28/2014 8:27:03 AM   
Tomcat84

Quick little scenario.

Demonstrates the power of using jammers!

Of course for a real conflict or exercise I would expect both more complex air defenses as well as more means at the air side's disposal. I found it rather difficult to take everything out with the weaponry on the Growlers. I shot 6 C HARMS and 1 E HARM and that killed the Bar Lock. 3 E HARMs on the Growler took out its radars but still only 11.8% damage because of all the TELs and MANPADS. Dont see a way to really take it out with this loadout.

But all this does make sure it stays simple and doesnt become a highly complex affair.

My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )

(in reply to Primarchx)
Post #: 3
RE: New Scenario: Growler vs. Growler (2014) - 8/5/2014 11:57:55 PM   
GBOATZ

"Dont see a way to really take it out with this loadout.' I agree. I played this scenario about 10 times and only got an "Average' score. The main problem I had is that I went in low and found that the radars weren't radiating. The moment I climbed to get their interest and saw the "Bar lock" radar come on and then the gravestone, I tried to dive back down but it was too late and even though I got a few harms to hit, I could never take them all out or not lose any planes. I alternately tried to take out the radar first with two growlers with Harms while hiding three other growlers in the grass, but their missiles got shot down long before getting to the radars and when I popped up my three growlers I only got a few hits.

Guess this is simply a scenario that cannot be won outright?

< Message edited by GBOATZ -- 8/6/2014 12:58:31 AM >

(in reply to Tomcat84)
Post #: 4
RE: New Scenario: Growler vs. Growler (2014) - 8/6/2014 12:23:44 AM   
Coiler12

quote:

ORIGINAL: GBOATZ

"Dont see a way to really take it out with this loadout.' I agree. I played this scenario about 10 times and only got an "Average' score. The main problem I had is that I went in low and found that the radars weren't radiating. The moment I climbed to get their interest and saw the "Bar lock" radar come on and then the gravestone, I tried to dive back down but it was too late and even though I got a few harms to hit, I could never take them all out or not lose any planes. I alternately tried to take out the radar first with two growlers with Harms while hiding three other growlers in the grass, but their missiles got shot down long before getting to the radars and when I popped up my three growlers I only got a few hits.

Guess this is simply a scenario that cannot be won outright?

I've beaten it outright in my test runs. The way I set up the scoring, you only need to knock out the Growler radars and Bar Lock. And I've beaten it without losing any EA-18s.

< Message edited by Coiler12 -- 8/6/2014 1:25:08 AM >

(in reply to GBOATZ)
Post #: 5
RE: New Scenario: Growler vs. Growler (2014) - 8/6/2014 12:32:29 AM   
GBOATZ

Really? Looks like its back to the drawing board then and putting on my thinking cap! However, I am thinking there may be some technical inference that I am not aware of to defeat the gravestones and bar lock that may be beyond my scope! My theory was to come in low, close and fire everything at once to overwhelm the system and turn on Growler jammers too, once target is detected. This, so far has only been partially successful. Will try again.

(in reply to Coiler12)
Post #: 6
RE: New Scenario: Growler vs. Growler (2014) - 8/18/2019 2:33:03 AM   
Scorpion86

Coiler12, I'm sorry for for the necro, but I've been messing around with your scenario and I noticed a few things:

- The EW radar wouldn't radiate, so I couldn't destroy it, because I didn't have any other weapon.
- The Triumf would only fire the MANPADS at my Growlers.
- When I changed the EW radar's EMCON in the editor to radiate, I would HARM the radar and then the Triumf would fire a volley a missile and then nothing.

I'm trying to learn more about events and LUA by looking "under the hood" of some already made scenarios, so I investigated what was happening here.

The EW radar's EMCON was set to passive, but even when the radar was destroyed and the Triumf's AAW patrol was activated, the SAM was dropped from the mission because it had no patrol area assigned. I added a patrol area to the mission, but it still fired off a single volley. It was because, since it was on a patrol, it started moving and was not set-up to fire. So I ordered the Triumf to HOLD.

Those were the changes that I made in the scenario attached to this post. I hope you like it and that I did not commit a netiquette faux-pas by modifying your work...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to GBOATZ)
Post #: 7
RE: New Scenario: Growler vs. Growler (2014) - 8/21/2019 5:08:49 PM   
aleavz

6th try, 6th massacre by that SAM.

(in reply to Scorpion86)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> New Scenario: Growler vs. Growler (2014) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI