Feb 27 2015 latest update for 1.07
You can now find the latest version here. (43 megabyte download)
I am also submitting it for the Scenpack.
Whats changed? Not a whole lot but:
- Overlays are now loaded automatically via new 1.07 functionality and are mostly JPG instead of PNG to reduce filesize
- Running latest Database
- Some minor WRA settings for the AI
How to install:
- Download the linked .zip file
- Extract the included .scen and the attachments folder to a scenario folder of your choosing in the Command scenarios directory.
- Play the scen, overlays should load automatically (it can take a little while and sometimes maybe you should move the map around a bit to get them to kick in)
- If you need help, let me know!
Feel free to give it a go. Hopefully theres no gamebreaking issues so I am going to submit it to the pack right away as an update, but if you do see a problem please post!
I am no longer offering an overlayless scen since the download size should not be a big deal these days and install shouldnt be a problem either.
Updated december 17 2014 for 1.06!
Scenario has undergone some previous testing but still needs some testing before it's final. But it is probably over 90% complete. So off to the community for the last round of testing!
You need build 1.06 or newer to be able to play this. This is not an easy or simple scenario, beginners beware!
All feedback and criticism etc is welcome! So not just bugs but also if you enjoyed it, suggestions etc.
Also I'd like to see expenditure and score logs if you could post them. I have not yet set thresholds for triumph, disaster etc and your log could help with that Thanks!
Here's the scenario description to give you some more info:
Red Flag 2017
Date/Time: July 19 2017 / 04:00:00 Zulu
Location: Nevada, USA
Playable Sides: Blue
Red Flag is a world famous exercise held multiple times per year at Nellis AFB, Nevada. It is the "mother of all Flags" and features everything a fighter pilot can wish for in an exercise: dedicated adversary fighters, lots of SAM transmitters, good airspace, and plenty of live bombing targets. It focuses primarily on fighter aircraft working together in COMAO packages to accomplish challenging objectives. Two missions (one day, one night) are flown each day for two weeks, with various assignments, such as Defensive Counter Air, Air Interdiction, Escort, Dynamic Targeting, combinations of the above and more.
This scenario puts you in charge of a night Blue package with AI and DT tasking in the second week of exercise Red Flag 17-3, and it is up to you to make it work.
To give you an idea of the scope, airplanes scheduled to fly today are as follows:
Venom Flight Royal Air Force Typhoons x 8 OCA / AI tasking
Ascot Flight Royal Air Force Tornado GR4As x 4 AI tasking
Savage Flight Royal Australian Air Force F/A-18Fs x 4 AI tasking
Victory Flight US Navy F/A-18Fs x 8 OCA / SEAD tasking
Phoenix / Scorp Flights US Navy EA-18Gs x 6 SEAD tasking
Combat Flight US Marine Corps F-35Bs x 6 AI tasking
Pulsar Flight US Air Force F-22s x 10 OCA tasking
Tiger Flight US Air Force F-15Es x 8 AI tasking
Vegas Flight US Air Force F-35As x 4 AI tasking
Gambler Flight US Air Force F-16CJs x 12 SEAD / AI tasking
Chosen Flight US Air Force F-15Cs x 8 OCA tasking
Hoosier Flight US Air National Guard F-16Cs x 4 SEAD tasking
Dragon Flight Royal Australian Air Force KC-30A x 1 AAR tasking
Baja / Enco / Mobil Flights US Air Force KC-135s x 3 AAR tasking
Darth Flight US Air Force B-2As x 2 AI tasking
Gremlin Flight US Air Force B-52Hs x 2 SEAD/AI tasking
King Flight US Air Force HC-130J x 1 CSAR tasking
Jolly Flight US Air Force MH-60Gs x 2 CSAR tasking
Stalker Flight - US Army MH-47Gs x 2 CSAR tasking
Faker Flight US Air Force EC-130H x 1 SEAD tasking
Nightstar Flight US Air Force E-8C x 1 Battle Management tasking
Chalice Flight US Air Force E-3C x 1 AEW / Battle Management tasking
Deepsea Flight US Navy EP-3E x 1 ISR tasking
Vulcan Flight Royal Air Force RC-135W x 1 ISR tasking
Logic Flight US Air Force MC-12W x 1 ISR tasking
Reaper Flight US Air Force MQ-9Bs x 3 ISR tasking (out of Creech AFB)
Beast Flight US Air Force RQ-170As x 2 ISR tasking (out of Creech AFB)
Hawk Flight US Air Force RQ-4Bs x 2 ISR tasking (out of Creech AFB)
Red Air is flying a large number of F-15s and F-16s out of Nellis as your adversary. They will replicate certain threat types, which will be discussed in more detail in the Blue brief. Red Air will be able to regenerate several times in order to provide proper opposition. You will not have to worry about managing that part though, MiG-1 has it under control :)
Scenario Designer's notes
I hope you enjoy this scenario. Some advice to give you the optimum experience:
Will load automatically with 1.07 update
- You can load six included custom overlays to make the playing area and in particular your target areas come alive a bit more. I recommend you put the files in the folder Command Modern Air Naval Operations\Overlay\Red Flag 2017\ and load them from there. The filenames start with numbers and they should be loaded in order. This is because the more detailed target areas need to be on top of the less detailed larger area ones. So 1-flot.png, 2-vegasoverview.png, 3-targetoverview.png, 4-nellis.png, 5-northtarget.png and 6-southtarget.png
- If you use the overlays it is recommended that you have the Relief layer disabled and BMNG enabled (the scenario should start up this way, feel free to check in the "View" menu).
- Additionally I recommend that you turn off the "Scenario Events" notifications in the Game Options -> Message log menu. Otherwise you will see when certain events are fired and it will give you unrealistic SA about who is scrambling etc.
- However, be sure to turn on "Special Messages" as this will help with any DT tasking.
- Be sure to check all the side doctrine settings so that they are to your liking (for example, I play with Automatic Evasion set to "No" so that is how this scenario starts. Check for yourself!
- I do recommend you leave off "RTB when Winchester" doctrine and also do not just order units to RTB in the middle of the fighting area but guide them most of the way home first. Otherwise they may get themselves stuck on the inaccessible airspace.
Of course feel free to do as you wish (for example you do not have to use all available assets if you don't want to). Have fun and please let me know what you think in the Matrixgames Command forums where you can find me under the name Tomcat84.
Note that this is NOT an easy or simple scenario. Just setting up a couple of AI generated strike missions will most likely not be a success. This scenario requires some thought out planning and a lot of micro managing if you want to be truly succesful. Hence this is not recommended for beginners or for those who like a quick walk in the park.
Also, an internet connection is useful in order to get all the images in the briefing. (and the atmospheric ones like this one :) )
Have fun and let me know what you think! Any comments are welcome! I especially wanna know about fun level and difficulty/challenge level. I am considering slightly lengthening the response time of some of the scrambles but not sure yet.
Also anything unclear about the briefing etc, please let me know. And again I would be happy if you would post your score number and your losses & expenditures log.
< Message edited by Tomcat84 -- 2/27/2015 2:04:56 PM >