Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What if US Lost the Rev War?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> What if US Lost the Rev War? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What if US Lost the Rev War? - 7/5/2014 12:45:22 AM   
Joe D.

"The Fourth of July—a time we Americans set aside to celebrate our independence and mark the war we waged to achieve it, along with the battles that followed. There was the War of 1812, the War of 1833, the First Ohio-Virginia War, the Three States' War, the First Black Insurrection, the Great War, the Second Black Insurrection, the Atlantic War, the Florida Intervention.

"Confused? These are actually conflicts invented for the novel The Disunited States of America by Harry Turtledove, a prolific (and sometimes-pseudonymous) author of alternate histories with a Ph.D. in Byzantine history. The book is set in the 2090s in an alternate United States that is far from united. In fact, the states, having failed to ratify a constitution following the American Revolution, are separate countries that oscillate between cooperating and warring with one another, as in Europe ..."

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2014/07/what-if-america-had-lost-the-revolutionary-war/373964/

Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"The Angel of Okinawa"

Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
Post #: 1
RE: What if US Lost the Rev War? - 7/5/2014 11:14:09 AM   
wings7

Joe, well written and interesting perspective! Thanks for sharing!

Patrick

(in reply to Joe D.)
Post #: 2
RE: What if US Lost the Rev War? - 7/5/2014 11:39:32 AM   
jday305

Harry Turtledove is an alternate history writer who has done several different type of series of books of "what if....". As one of my favorite authors, the book 'The Disunited States of America' is definetely one I would suggest to those who like alternate history. To those who are civil war buffs, he has a 12 book series of what if the North lost the civil war and how it effects not only North America but the world for the next 100 years. If you like to lose yourself in a good story, then his books are worth checking out if you haven't already.

RebelYell

"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it."
“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> What if US Lost the Rev War? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI