Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Another empire invades my planet when I am not at war with them!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Another empire invades my planet when I am not at war with them! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Another empire invades my planet when I am not at war w... - 7/2/2014 9:51:54 PM   
msuddd

Okay this one has me lost. One of my planets was being bombarded by the boskara but not successfully taken. At this point the Zenox invade and take over my planet. No here is what is odd , they are not at war with me or the boskara. So how on earth have they invaded my planet. My initial assumption is that the boskara took over my world (no notification of this in the log) and the Zenox then invaded , however this cant be the case since they are not at war with the boskara. Can anyone explain why this may have happened?

On a side note this is also not the first time I have seen this, I also saw this pre shadows!
Post #: 1
RE: Another empire invades my planet when I am not at w... - 7/2/2014 10:18:06 PM   
Kilravock

From what I can tell, this is not a bug, but a feature that is working as designed since the beginning.

Nothing stops you from attacking and invading other empires without being at war. The only downside is the reputation hit, and a big relationship hit with the race you attacked.

The AI can do the same. If you have bad relations with an empire or if a race is deceitful, you can end up having the AI doing skirmishes with your ships and even invade without declaring war.

< Message edited by Kilravock -- 7/2/2014 11:46:19 PM >

(in reply to msuddd)
Post #: 2
RE: Another empire invades my planet when I am not at w... - 7/2/2014 11:05:12 PM   
msuddd

Thanks for the reply. Well that would explain that! Nice it's not a bug. It is kind of a shame that the player must take a reputation hit when they take back their own planet!

(in reply to Kilravock)
Post #: 3
RE: Another empire invades my planet when I am not at w... - 7/3/2014 12:12:02 AM   
ArchMike

In my last game, I had a mutual defense pact with another race. They eventually invaded one of my colony, the closest to their empire. I quickly canceled my pact with them and took back my planet.

Does this behavior depends on the loyalty rating ?

(in reply to msuddd)
Post #: 4
RE: Another empire invades my planet when I am not at w... - 7/3/2014 1:03:58 AM   
necaradan666

quote:

ORIGINAL: chmjs

Thanks for the reply. Well that would explain that! Nice it's not a bug. It is kind of a shame that the player must take a reputation hit when they take back their own planet!

you don't have to take a rep hit if you declare war first, stealing entire planets seems as good a reason to start a war as any.

(in reply to msuddd)
Post #: 5
RE: Another empire invades my planet when I am not at w... - 7/3/2014 1:14:23 AM   
Kilravock

I haven't done any tests to confirm it, but I think race loyalty and aggressiveness does have an influence. For example I have never had an issue with the Naxxilian & Secuan if I was on good terms with them but races like Haakonish & Sluken will often be $&@! if you share boarders.

Your relative military strength compared to them is also a factor along with fighting a war with a different empire or if you have disputed bases/colonies. The AI can be opportunistic if you let them, like say leave a boarder colony with no garrison, bases or fleet in the system.

(in reply to ArchMike)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Another empire invades my planet when I am not at war with them! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI