I've just come back to DW:U after a couple years waiting for DW:U2 :)
I remembered IceMania's brilliant mod and have started playing various different races, then wanted to tweak one thing in the tech tree for the Banoserit...
- Stealth requires "Enhanced Scanners"
- Banoserit have "Far Sight Discovery" instead
- Can Stealth be made to require [ "Ship Scanning" && "Advanced Sensors" && ("Far Sight Discovery" || "Enhanced Scanners") ] ?
I tried to copy what Advanced Colonization does, but that didn't really work. It let me research Stealth even without "Far Sight Discovery" or "Enhanced Scanners".
Then I also noticed, "Advance Colonization" can actually be research with Just "Enhanced Storage", you don't actually need any of the other colonization techs first.
Is this behaviour known/intended/expected? Is it simply not possible to make a tech dependent on "X and Y and (A or B)"?
Either way, thanks for this mod!!!
If the worse comes to the worse... you can do it yourself.
1)Go into the mod folder.
2)Make a back up of the research.txt (in case you mess up).
3)Find each of the techs you will be dealing with and take down their ID numbers (first number just before the tech name you just searched for). In this case: Enhanced Scanners & Far Sight Discovery (just ctrl + f and type in the names of the techs, I use notepad+ for editing text files). You will also notice that there is a lot of info on how to mod at the top of this file.
4) Find: Stealth (as point 3)
5) scroll to the: Parents section
6) you will see #, Y, #, Y or some such (the numbers there will be referring to the Techs needed to get access to this technology - one of them will be Enhanced Scanner)
7) change the Y (after the Enhanced Scanner number) to an N (if it is a Y, if not leave it as N)
8) Then add the: Far Sight Discovery number and N.
It will look something like this:
Parents; #(ship scanning), Y,#(advanced sensors),Y, #(enhanced scanner), N, #(far sight discovery),N
But without the brackets and the bits in the brackets (so more like this):
Parents; #, Y ,#, Y, #, N, #, N
I cant provide the numbers, or the order of the numbers (which is unimportant anyway) because I am at work with no game access. You should be able to figure it out though, I have faith in you!
I have modded this mod:
1) Made special techs up to the maximum tech level of normal tech (Zenox Shield go to TL 7, Dhayut Hyperdrives go to TL 7 etc). Also added to max Rail Gun TL (made it 7).
2) Locked races out of researching other research similar to their specials. Had to do a bit of tinkering to get it to work, due to inter tech dependencies).
3) Changed the Race tech research order to add these items and also added the tech needed to have them all research fighter bays (including interceptors and torpedoes)
4) changed ship stations (lowered the number of weapons they had, and used roughly the equivalent space to add fighter bays) and set them all to "Evade".
Which leads me to a question of my own:
I am debating changing Medium/Large Space Ports and Capital Ships. I was thinking of removing Superweapons and adding more guns and fighter bays instead.
My reasoning being that they will be nerfed due to the fact that the superweapon is a long way down the research tree (also the weight of the best superweapon, available only to Boskara and Shakturi, is 640... thats is a big increase).
Something like this +2 fighter bays to all, +4-16 weapons (based on weapon type, 16 beams, 8 torpedos/missiles/phasers, 4 gravity beam, and 5 - 8 rail guns... not sure how much of them to add since they end up being size 18).
Would this nerf them too much end game?
Basically what are peoples feedback on this idea?
Beam weapons are about half the weight of phasers/torpedoes etc... but they require more energy... so should they be double the number of the other weapons (as things stand in the design file) or should they be maybe 1.5x - 1.75x more (to take into account reactore space)?
< Message edited by Kothyxaan -- 6/13/2017 2:10:51 PM >