Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1.9.5.5 Beta - More pirate related bugs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> 1.9.5.5 Beta - More pirate related bugs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1.9.5.5 Beta - More pirate related bugs - 6/30/2014 12:17:22 AM   
bvoid

1. When Criminal Network has been constructed it is not possible to build normal base facilities at planets (e.g. armored factory). The button is enabled but nothing happens when it is clicked (similarly nothing happens from right-click menu either). If needed funds are not present buttons are greyed out correctly. Wonders can be built, but not normal facilities.

2. Post criminal network -> pirate player now has regular troops and can invade planets. However, invading a planet where the player already owns a pirate base leads to the destruction of the players own buildings. This was fixed for raiding I think, but not for regular invasion.

3. Post criminal network -> pirate troop ships will attempt to load troops from independent worlds (unsure if they succeed).

Annoyances noticed during latest game (as pirate but possibly not strictly pirate related):

4. Automated constructors constantly attempt to build starbases far far away. Ships in one corner of the universe then attempt to refuel at the distant base (despite plentiful fuel being available much closer). Result is lots of dry ships slowly crawling across map.

5. A general annoyance: It would be nice to disable the "engage system targets" behaviour on fleets. It is impossible (without frustrating micromanagement) to have a fleet sit at an objective providing close cover, ships are easily distracted and will abandon your nascent starbase to chase the pirate explorer on the other side of the system. Similarly, covering a planet to stop pirate raids is very difficult when ships will not actually stay there. Fleet postures don't help here, basing a fleet at planet and using "defend base only" posture leads to the same easily distracted behaviour.

Post #: 1
RE: 1.9.5.5 Beta - More pirate related bugs - 6/30/2014 12:14:08 PM   
Nanaki

1. Old bug. I reported it awile back. You can get around it by using the colonization screen to build your structures.

4. You might want to double check. Theres two fuel types, Caslon and Hydrogen. It is entirely possible that the closer fuel depot has the wrong fuel type.

5. Go into your options. You can set the default ship behavior there.

I ate the batter of the bulge at Hans' Haus of Luftwaffles

(in reply to bvoid)
Post #: 2
RE: 1.9.5.5 Beta - More pirate related bugs - 6/30/2014 2:01:01 PM   
bvoid

4. There is no confusion about this.

5. Ok that's useful to know.

(in reply to Nanaki)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> 1.9.5.5 Beta - More pirate related bugs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI