Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1.9.5.3 Pirate planet related bugs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> 1.9.5.3 Pirate planet related bugs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1.9.5.3 Pirate planet related bugs - 6/14/2014 7:34:53 PM   
bvoid

1. As reported in other threads, building the Criminal Network seems to be free - but you do need to have the cash in bank.

2. After building Criminal Network, the planet revolted against me because of my terrible pirate reputation. The rebels easily won (pirate buildings give no defense bonus here) and planet is back to being independent - but still with Criminal Network present. Is this intended? The various pirate buildings should give a huge defense bonus surely.

3. Former empire capital somehow immune to pirate control. I started (as human pirate) near a human empire. Right from the start I maintained an orbital blockade and frequently raided them. Eventually the empire collapsed and reverted to an indy world. However I can't seem to influence this world at all, despite raids etc. Later on another empire colonised this world and I still can't influence it.

Savegame is 42 megabytes if you really need it. A bit annoying to upload for me :)
Post #: 1
RE: 1.9.5.3 Pirate planet related bugs - 6/14/2014 7:46:16 PM   
Nanaki

3. is WAD, you can only influence planets below a certain population threshhold, I believe it is somewhere around 1.5 billion. It is not a cliff, though, but rather a cap, I think at 1.5 billion for example it caps at like 90% influence and goes down from there. Once you reach 3+ billion you wont be able to influence it at all.

2. is... well, pirate bases/fortresses have terrible defense and, on top of that, the Smuggler/Mercenary facility defense bonus is not working. I reported this though.

I ate the batter of the bulge at Hans' Haus of Luftwaffles

(in reply to bvoid)
Post #: 2
RE: 1.9.5.3 Pirate planet related bugs - 6/16/2014 9:05:34 AM   
GVind

Highly populated planets can be controlled only to ~3% by orbiting ships. You can achieve 100% only by raiding ~10-15% control from 1 successful raid.

(in reply to Nanaki)
Post #: 3
RE: 1.9.5.3 Pirate planet related bugs - 6/16/2014 12:50:10 PM   
bvoid

This planet in particular could not be controlled at all, even by raiding. It did have a pop of about 10 billion tho.

Not so worried about that bug, maybe if the pop is high enough it should be immune.

(in reply to GVind)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> 1.9.5.3 Pirate planet related bugs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI