Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Disbanding

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Disbanding Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Disbanding - 6/14/2014 5:06:31 PM   
Chris21wen

If you disband/withdraw an air unit and that air unit has a fragment elsewhere will the fragment disband/withdraw as well.

If it does what happens to the fragment's a/c, same as the parent or does it depend upon the situation at the fragments base?
Post #: 1
RE: Disbanding - 6/14/2014 6:01:30 PM   
btd64

You have to disband/withdraw each part separately. IF the planes are not under repair or maintenace they will go to the pool. Plus if supply is low at the base, the planes may be lost. Sometimes I have had to move the planes to a different base to withdraw them to the pool. Low supply...GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 2
RE: Disbanding - 6/14/2014 8:43:03 PM   
crsutton

Or, you can keep the fragment but never can replace losses.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 3
RE: Disbanding - 6/15/2014 3:02:06 AM   
geofflambert

I use them as training fragments.

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 4
RE: Disbanding - 6/15/2014 7:47:45 AM   
wegman58

I'm starting the Grand Campaign and you have all the useless 'withdraw in a couple of months' squadrons on the East Coast (so LOTS of supply). For a bunch of the squadrons 'withdraw' is greyed out. Disband says LOST, withdraw says 'what squadron to go to' AND I was able to get bonus PP for a withdraw and the planes (Bolo) and pilots staying in the game.

So I'm confused.

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 5
RE: Disbanding - 6/15/2014 8:49:38 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: General Patton

You have to disband/withdraw each part separately. IF the planes are not under repair or maintenace they will go to the pool. Plus if supply is low at the base, the planes may be lost. Sometimes I have had to move the planes to a different base to withdraw them to the pool. Low supply...GP

That's what I thought and how I do it. I've got a unit due for withdrawal but the fragment is stuck in a low supply base and it's taking a long time to repair its a/c. I was hoping for a short cut.

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 6
RE: Disbanding - 6/15/2014 1:47:02 PM   
crsutton

quote:

ORIGINAL: wegman58

I'm starting the Grand Campaign and you have all the useless 'withdraw in a couple of months' squadrons on the East Coast (so LOTS of supply). For a bunch of the squadrons 'withdraw' is greyed out. Disband says LOST, withdraw says 'what squadron to go to' AND I was able to get bonus PP for a withdraw and the planes (Bolo) and pilots staying in the game.

So I'm confused.

You can withdraw a unit "scheduled to withdraw" before it's time and gain PPs for doing so. But the whole unit goes away. There is no penalty for stripping out the pilots beforehand. You do not get to keep the planes. If you choose to disband then you get to keep the aircraft and pilots but get no PPs. Usually, it pays to keep the planes as you are so short of them. Greyed out units must be disbanded with no other option. You lose all pilots and planes. (I suspect that these were units slated for the invasion of North Africa). You can however, remove the skilled pilots and replace them with green pilots before disbanding.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to wegman58)
Post #: 7
RE: Disbanding - 6/15/2014 4:46:58 PM   
btd64

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton

quote:

ORIGINAL: wegman58

So I'm confused.

You can withdraw a unit "scheduled to withdraw" before it's time and gain PPs for doing so. But the whole unit goes away. There is no penalty for stripping out the pilots beforehand. You do not get to keep the planes. If you choose to disband then you get to keep the aircraft and pilots but get no PPs. Usually, it pays to keep the planes as you are so short of them. Greyed out units must be disbanded with no other option. You lose all pilots and planes. (I suspect that these were units slated for the invasion of North Africa). You can however, remove the skilled pilots and replace them with green pilots before disbanding.

Or like GORN said above, use them as training groups until you have to disband the group. But as crsutton says, Remove the pilots before you disband the group... GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Disbanding Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI