Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

So where does all the "Private" money go?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> So where does all the "Private" money go? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
So where does all the "Private" money go? - 6/12/2014 9:32:04 PM   
MikeSF

I played as a Corporate "gimme all your money" government, and it was absolutely glorious, research hit.. no problem all research I pay to fast track, pirates? No biggy I can make a ton of ships and even taken on capital ships at relatively low tech-levels with sheer volume. However noticed the government type caught up to me, and everything is taking a 65% hit due to "poor choice" (not sure I agree with this), so switched over to a republic and yeah I have a spending deficit upwards of 50k a year (?? or month??). Look at the empire screen and yeah not making as much money because the private sector isn't paying me all of their money, but it also says 230k cashflow.

My question is where is this cash going? Do they pay me to upgrade their ships with this "cashflow", when they had a negative cashflow with my corporate nationalism government their ships upgraded just fine. Just trying to figure out how to squeeze out some extra bucks to afford my opulent (I'd like to keep my bases free of pirate raids) lifestyle.
Post #: 1
RE: So where does all the "Private" money go? - 6/12/2014 9:36:02 PM   
Fleshbits

Strip clubs and then to the drug cartels in the next galaxy...

Private money goes to you though taxes.
It also goes from private to yours when they upgrade ships and stations.
Some ships and stations come out of your pocket instead if you initiate the upgrade, others pay you from the private sector.

When you raise taxes high you can see the private sectors money drop tremendously.
You can also offload some maintenenace by giving private stations the long range scanners and weapons and the like.

< Message edited by Fleshbits -- 6/12/2014 10:37:27 PM >

(in reply to MikeSF)
Post #: 2
RE: So where does all the "Private" money go? - 6/12/2014 10:42:26 PM   
Tehlongone

Corporate Nationalism is the worst government in the game by an extremely large margin. It reduces your growth, research and development by 65% ("the poor government choice" part). By reducing your development they are reducing your base income, if you are reduced to 50% "culture"/development you have literally HALVED your private income, which you then tax whichever amount you want.

If you want the private sector to give all it's money to you you need to increase taxes on all planets to 100% but if it doesn't have a surplus it will eventually collapse and start to give you less and less. The money are currently probably not being taxed so it's being spent on ships and the like same as if you were running another government type.

(in reply to Fleshbits)
Post #: 3
RE: So where does all the "Private" money go? - 6/13/2014 12:54:24 AM   
MikeSF

Hmm, I didn't realize that private stations (mining/gas) get automatically upgraded via private corporations/citizens/whatever, assumed I built them, I paid for them, they were mine so I had to upgrade them myself, but yup looks like all my mining/gas stations are private. Although all of them have maintenance costs which I assumed were mine to deal with.

(in reply to Tehlongone)
Post #: 4
RE: So where does all the "Private" money go? - 6/13/2014 1:17:49 AM   
Tehlongone

Well as you decide exactly how much of the private money remain private and how much is taxed into your state account in a sense they are both yours, but all private ships maintenance/construction cost must still be paid from the private sector. You can then adjust your tax-rate to make sure it doesn't have more than it needs and then you get the rest.

(in reply to MikeSF)
Post #: 5
RE: So where does all the "Private" money go? - 6/13/2014 3:32:53 AM   
MikeSF

Hmmm guess that's one part of the game I didn't quite get. I thought taxing was simply taxing citizens based on whatever metric of "income" they produced, didn't make the connection between the private ships and the "private" citizens I guess because I couldn't understand where a ship's tax rate would be based at, multiple colonies multiple tax rates.

(in reply to Tehlongone)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> So where does all the "Private" money go? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI