- Smuggler Facility defense bonus seems to not work at all. I managed to watch an empire attack my fortress, and the +70% Facility defense bonus was nowhere to be seen, and it was proven when an empire managed to wipe out one of my fortresses with only 3 militia and a single infantry unit, as a Smuggler pirate.
Okay, with further testing, it seems like most racial settings do not work with pirates at all, here is what I have found through testing so far...
- Only Ship Size modifiers (both civilian and military) are tested to work properly with pirates
- Planet-based bonuses like Happiness also work, but thats mainly because they are tied to planet instead of being a global bonus
- Extra intelligence agents also work
- Shandar spaceport armor and Zenox historical locations do NOT work (Odd, you would figure pirates could really use Shandar's spaceport armor bonus...)
- The main modifiers, research, colony income, ship maintenance, espionage, etc. do not work
- Racial troop strength modifiers have no effect on Pirate Raiders, Pirate Raiders will have the same strength regardless of race
- I have not tested trade/tourism income bonus, but the likely answer is no
So, with all this in mind, it seems like the only racial choices that net pirates any benefit at all are Ketarov, Ackdarian, and Haakonish, due to their ship size and intelligence agent modifiers.
< Message edited by Nanaki -- 6/10/2014 4:59:31 PM >
I ate the batter of the bulge at Hans' Haus of Luftwaffles