I tested mine, and its easy to do...
1. Start game, pick republic, pick an average race
2. Build a high tech, energy lab, and star port.
3. Stick your scientist in there.
4. Calculate TERP * 1.25 (republic)
5. AO = Research * [ Total Labs / (TERP *1.25)] * scientist
There are two sets of bonses. #3 and #4 are both correct. Scientist / Location bonuses apply after TERP (#3), government/racial bonuses apply before TERP (#4).
In English, TERP is the total amount of scientists you have, if you will. I have 300,000 scientists. My government of republic boosts my scientist population to 375,000.
I have 360,000 "jobs" in labs. No loss. I have 400,000 "jobs" in labs, some loss.
Albert Einstein is a 10% energy scientist. He boosts the productivity of my scientists 10%.
Lets sat I have 140,000 energy scientists. AO is 140,000 * (380,000 / 400,000) * 1.1 = 146.3k
< Message edited by Andy06r -- 6/9/2014 9:40:54 PM >